1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Nice Cod On Monday 17th From Sandsend

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by goaty, Feb 19, 2014.

1. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had the day off work Monday, was first trip over for Feburary, thought i'd give it a shot down my track again. Got down there about 8.30am, was an ebb tide, hardly any swell and real good colour.

Set off fishing first mark, gave it a few casts but nothing doing, carried on walking, tried a few more spots. still nothing, eventually ended up at Goldsborough.

Chucked in there and 2nd cast had a good bite but sadly it never came back. (Nice to get a bite though!). Kept at it, still nothing, 1hr later had a seal pop up right infront and swim off!

Jacked it in there, headed back towards Sandsend. Had a last chuck in off the boilers but still nowt. Tide was coming back in, been fishing 5hrs! Was getting abit fed up and hungry thought sod this and went back to Whitby for more bait and a pizza.
    Belly now full had a think and set off for another mark, not fished it for a while, was on the way home too.

Eventually got to the spot and chucked in, was abit more swell and just after HW. First cast and was baiting up next rig, glanced up and rod was bent right over! Was first fish of the day just over 4.5lb.

[​IMG]

Thought i was on a winner but had just one more out 1.5lb and a smaller one that went back. Bait was big lug mussel and squid.
    Cheers,
    Julian

2. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Monday 17th Sandsend

well you keept at it and got your fish,well done

3. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Monday 17th Sandsend

great report and pic 8)

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!