1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So why arent you all fishing ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A lovely north east sea running and your all sat at home. I just spotted Lobbers running along the cliffs shouting something about 50 cod before December.

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Has it picked up your way Glenn?

I ve spent the last two days down here .....Godd northerly roll on nice sets well spaced out....crap on the Holderness....ok for Whitings ...had plenty of them.....went to Bemmo last night in the hope of the Northerly putting some colour in.....flat as a fart and clear....first blank for me up there in a while !

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

cos i am been a dad tonight :yes: but thee is always tommorrow and making sure i am set for sunday.

4. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

I am waiting for you to take me fishing Glenn. Just got home from offshore today.
    Cheers Col.

5. Baramundi Bob

It was growing last night when I was out uptiding with Ben. Theres a real nice swell on now. Not sure there is much colour mind.

6. Baramundi Bob

Happily fish with you anytime you want Col.

7. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

When are you venturing out next then?
    Cheers Col.

8. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we were going to head out for a few hours but knocked it on the head, didnt think it had picked up sufficiantly for a decent session tonight
    probarbly made the wrong decision but nevermind

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

i would be but full of man flu, hopefully there will still be some swell on tomorrow if i feel any better

10. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

had a trip round before dark cowbar,runswick port dock a bit ov swell at cowbar but not much colour ,hardly out at runny ,and defo not enough at port for the walk back up so baits staying put t nite hopefully it might pick up with the strong se winds forcast

11. robq

robq Rockling

Working 6 night shifts in a row :sad:

Wish I had a 9 to 5 then I would be fishing tonight :whatever:

12. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

wish i could glen, been in hospital for shoulder operated on, my season over this year, when shoulder ok getting other shoulder done too.

13. Baramundi Bob

Thats major stuff Paul. I really hope you on the mend soon though bud.

14. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

cheers glen, carn't wait for the pain relief to kick in, feeling really sorry for myself at moment. :sad:

15. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

I would but after being diagnosed with angina a couple of weeks ago I'm chilling, although i fished the john smiths i was totally knackered after.

shark

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

been rehersing for gig on friday hope the fish start to show sunday evening ,i will be out then with a few friends :wink:

17. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello, work is my reason.....always seems that I'm on the wrong shift when a nice sea comes away! That's been the case for the last week or two, but last Thursday the sea came away quite unexpectantly and I got out and had a canny little session....hopefully I can get out tomorrow evening so keeping my fingers crossed :yes: Good luck to anyone heading out.
    Regards Ian

18. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

tried my luck last night.....noticed a nice little sea developing when i left work , so went home and got my gear and headed back to seaham,,, fished the hall beach towards the featherbed rocks end.
    there was a lovely sea developing ....anyway managed to miss a stomping bite then caught this
    [​IMG]

only small but managed to give a good rattle on my sk4....then disaster happened....felt my line was getting a bit rough after only a couple of casts and thought to myself ...i'll change that when i get home..
    ..... next cast i managed to hook what felt a nice fish then ...nothing ....no fish..no weight.etc...the lot had gone .....my line had snapped... anyway i got my spool of line out and was going to re -spool and read it.....it was 15lb okuma low abrasion co polymer line....silly me.....thats what you get for not checking what you buy...
    so one thing is certain ...some new line will be on my reel for friday night...
    cheers
    Paul

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

My mate popped in to see me tonight from sheffield , i said i might go for a chuck tonight as there was abit of sea on today , He fancied a look out as a spectator , so i thought what the hell ill take him to runswick as its a nice easy shot for someone with no gear and work clobber on ....more of a social thing really , had three chucks and managed one about 2 1/2 lb :embarrass:, had to search for the movement tho , fancied the rocks to the left but it had flooded to much before i got there so i decided on the white water past the boat club ..Third cast i thought better about the whole situation and headed home , I need a big big northerly n abit more motivation ......

20. arc

arc Blenny

Is that because of the shoulder pain Paul or because Onslows looking after you :laugh: