1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smoothys are us part 2 11,5,11 (topic has pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, May 13, 2011.

1. woody

woody New Member

well after our intresting last trip last fri we decided to give it another go for the hounds , reports had said there had been fish the previous tides at out newton , when on arrival we noticed there was hardly 30yards of coulour , we thought sod it seeing as were here we shall give it ago , it didnt look too promiseing

our first casts about 3hrs on the flood resulted in schoolie bass a peice , our baits were fresh peeler presented on size 1/0spennel pullys , it was only a small tide so it looked very much so not promiseing for a hound , but the roumers of fish and footprints in the sand showed us there had been fish on the previous tide , as the 5th hour of tide pushed up wayne had a small hound maybe a couple of pounds , we thought get in there here , remembering there would be very little colour we could hardly belive it !! anyway the bites started thick and fast with some nice hounds and bass coming ashore , this continued till 1hour on the ebb then we dicided to call it a day , our tallys were wayne 9 hounds and 3 bass biggest hound he had was about 9lb , he lost a bigger fish in the surf on the bite it took 40yard of line and fought like a trogion , but as it got nearer the shore it took a pull and snapped his leader knott , a few chose words were spoken lol . i eneded proceedings on 6 hounds and 6 bass my biggest hound was 5lb or so lots of pups tho , i had a nice bass too of 4lb awsome sport especially on a tip tornado ld !!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some smaller than others lol
    [​IMG]
    and what a sunset
    [​IMG]

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

sounds a canny session... did you take all the smuts on crab or a mix of baits,
    cheers
    Paul

3. woody

woody New Member

all on fresh crab mate, i have been meaning to take telpies to try but keep forgetting !!!

4. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done once again on another great session,seems to be the place to be at the mo!

5. andym

andym Rockling

Great session again for you I'm hoping to target them from the Yak further north but I think they are a bit more elusive up here.

6. woody

woody New Member

thanks lads , yes i think there are some stop go boards off flamborough head lol

7. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Nice report mate,look's like the early warm weather as really given the fishing a kick start,fingers crossed the trend continues...mick

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Woody. The last few times we've been down there the only time our rod tips moved was when we were carrying them back and forth to the car :ugly: The crab peel is now well under way, so they tell me :whistle: sounds like things are changing at last!

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one lads, wouldn't mind doing some hound fishing off the yak at some point. They look like great sport, lovely Bass as well bud :cool:

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one woody mate , nice session ....

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done woody another good session

sent you a pm by the way

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Another fantastic session very well done

13. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great session there mate, well done. I went on thursday, same spot and the colour was the same if not worse. Only managed a couple of small Smoothies, Chonga got 1 8lb. Mace had Doggy, Smoothy, Whiting, Eel, and Bass.

14. woody

woody New Member

a lad said he was at dimmo yesterday said there was 250yards of coulour had a deacent report does anyone know if the coulour is back cant see it my self ?