1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smooth hound hunt

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bibo, Aug 4, 2014.

1. bibo

bibo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Having been targeting a few different species iam aftr a smooth hound and was just wondering if I could have some advie from what ive found I need to be heading towards hornsea at least .just wanted to know if any one could recommend a venue or two

2. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Go further south than Hornsea. Holmpton , Out Newton Dimmo are prob the best areas. Small crab baits at distance in the evenings.

3. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

slim jim is right you need to be aldbrough and more south,top beaches are dimmlington,outnewton , hilston,easington and aldbrough,but it needs to be flat and coloured if theres no brown colour you will have to have a night sesh,small crab baits size 1/0-2/0 hooks,other than that head for the smoothhound capital on the lincs coast around chapel st Leonards,where theres a chance of a double
    good luck

4. bibo

Having read abit more like will be heading to Lincolnshire I think this weekend what would be the best tides high or low.also could you target other species while iam there

5. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you get bass and flatties but if your using crab your targating them anyhows as its a catch all bait.
    fish over low is best ;)

6. bibo

Chapel it is then I think will get there early and fish a high and low tide

7. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Chance of flatties,bass,even the odd ray or two n ohh not forgetting the chance of a big fat hound ;D
    Get there a bit b4 low n fish it all the way up,early floods a good time,the best of luck.

8. bibo

Once I get to chapel saint lenards where do you go on the beach or is it plian to see

9. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Park in the car park n straight over the top onto the beach,go just to the left(mablethorpe side)skeggy sides in a bay.Straight off the get dwn is the "point" :)