1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small boat festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wilky, Nov 12, 2012.

1. wilky

wilky Blenny

Just referring to Dolphin's catch/post http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28771.0. - WCSA have several festivals, there are kayak meets, and now even the forum uptide 'festival' (which the above catch would have taken an early lead in, in all important categories) I was wondering why nobody had seen fit to organise a small boat festival?

2. Well Volunteered

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. pro angler

pro angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I tried it from hartlepool a few years back worked well. But it was open to all boats no size limit. Charter wherent very interested due some the private lads where whipping ass. lol

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

filey and scarborough fishing festivals both have small boat competions throughout the week,filey boat club also has a match every monday night in summer.

5. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Sounds a good idear- small boat festival Whitby, kayaks large boats all welcome

Im in

Happy to help organise with a few others

Regards John

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

so are you going to have a size limit on boats are charter boats allowed to compeat in the same match/es id be up for a few trips out

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

It can take quit a bit of organizing I have tryed in ar local boat club but there is no interest so I give up trying.
    If anyone want to give it a go I would join in as it sounds like a good idea.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

There used to be a summer league at the middle earth pub. It was excellent, and we had some amazing catches. Thinks you were allowed to fish once a week over the summer. there was loads of prizes for heaviest fish etc.

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Il be up for that

10. I would love to coem and crew.....no boat :embarrass:

11. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

saltburn have boat competions now with funds raised going towards the rnli, all boats have to be launched from the beach, to make it a festival you would be asking lads to take time off work as it would spread over a few days where as a competion can be sorted in 1 day to suit the majority of the lads, great idea thou id be up for it.

12. pro angler

This is how i worked my comps out.

They where heaveist single fish 1st 2nd 3rd.

£10 a man in all people on private vessels have to enter. Anglers on charter boats dont have enter but you have to take the skippers word on that one.

It was 90% payout the other 10% to the RNLI hold a raffle and in only a few comps raised £300 for the cause.

Didnt have a size limit on the boats there are a lot of large private boats out there.

The one problem i had was your boat is faster than mine you get more time fishing than me and this was pretty much the only whinge i got.

Now i could organise one from hartlepool no bother at all and for thosetravelling i could get you secure storage overnight and free slipway and fresh water for the engine flush clean down.

The only reason i stopped doing the registration piont changed hands and wasn't to keen on opening early and staying open till 6.30pm.

I would glady i do them again cos the craic was mint.

If people are interested let me know and i shall sort something out.

13. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Why don't we sort something out how many people on here have boats or are interested put a list up and we could have a match a month from january to January with prizes every match and prizes at the end of the year for the league for best boat prizes and separate angler prizes for different species etc there is enough time to sort it out by january we could put a limit on where you go ie up tideing jan Feb and march ,April may June go anywhere and July august and September matches with a half a mile limit from land so you can target bass and pollock then back to up tiding October November and December wat does anyone think of this for a idea

14. Sounds Awesome, I would be interested in Fishing-Crewing (no boat)

:yes:

15. pro angler

i would be interested in going over whitby its just the bloody stupid fees to launch and no cleaing down facitlites. bounderies are a hard thing to police as who is going to sit on the boundary edges.

16. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

would people without a boat be able to enter on a friends boat as part of a boat team?

17. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Yeah deffo just enter as a angler then each boat who enters has to enter the boat as well same as charter festival really

18. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

id of thought so Dan why not why do them on charter boats not Pay the £10 there going to take any winnings ?

19. pro angler

The charter boat anglers do pay the £10 but i used to let the skipper do the registration then get them to text me or use the vhf at the start confirming how many fishing the comp. Not all people on a charter want pay an extra fee on top of say £50.

Private boats have to be all in or all out this avoids any cheating i found this one out in the past.

As we all know where££££££££££££££s are involed generally can lead to cheating.

20. pro angler

How much is it to launch from whitby.