1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly new look for the forums.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2012.

1. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Yeah still not getting full pictures Glenn on I pad

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

why not just use tapatalk on your ipad Ben?

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Wat the John duck is tapatalk

4. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: Slightly new look for the forums.

An app that makes using the forum on mobiles loads easier, I love it!!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Looks much better now its a bit wider.
    I can't seem to get the same screen up but to try and explain it- while I was replying to this thread there were posts from three different threads displayed above the reply box rather than the thread I was replying to.
    One minor thing that makes no odds to my use but might to yours- the banner ads at the top of the page when replying seem to be duplicated and when reading the thread (not replying)- the bottom banner was off centre.
    All in all- if it aids iPhone/Smartphone access then it can only be a good thing.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yeah I would suggest that if you have smart phones or ipads etc then you should be using tapatalk. It will make everything look perfect for you. When you first arrive at the forum, you should be getting a pop up screen saying something like - "There is a tapatalk app for this forum - find out more"

It only costs £2 for life and it works a treat.

7. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

Doesn't affect me as I use tapatalk :)

8. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

Glenn u have beat me to it just what I was gonna say :)

9. bow1

bow1 Rockling

pics much better on pc glenn but still missing that box that had post stats and message indicator on.Have you removed it or am i just missing it.i liked that!!

10. Baramundi Bob

Right column has gone mate.

11. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Looks fine on (my) PC but not on my Android tablet. Unfortunately I (did) find the tablet really convenient for regular viewing.

Don't know how much control you have over layout so I'm not here to criticise. Left to right Add's (and pictures) are cropped with no scroll bar. Removing the RHS has improved matters but not a lot.

On previous comments ...

Well I don't want to - therefore I won't. Just because something is available doesn't mean I should be forced to use it. (See 'free market'). Where something improves upon the previous then people will flock to it without a gun to their head,

Well glad to hear that you are OK. Me .... well half the site is now ferkin missing and the rest is unreadable so it has nothing to do with us 'not liking change'. Change is only good where it improves upon what came before. Change for change sake is just so 'facebook'. It adds nothing to the whole other than a bit of 'bling'.

How many copies of 'Mosaic' did you install "Mr ... people don't like change"? Are you even old enough to know what ''Mosaic' is or was?

12. Baramundi Bob

Noone is forcing you to do anything, infact how would that even be possible ? Im simply suggesting it may be worth your while if you wish to enjoy the forum fully that you give it a whirl, for £2 a go I dont see an issue, it will also improve your experience of many other forums such as wsf. Obviously the choice lies with you we arent here to force you to do anything, only thing were trying to do is help anglers on our coastline to get the most from their sport, many are using tapatalk and enjoying it which is why I recommend it. To be honest Im happier if people dont use it and stick to a web browser as tapatalk viewers dont create any revenue for the site.

Also what I dont like to see is you having a dig at other forum members. Its uncalled for and not really wanted.

13. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Thing is Glenn - the site worked fine until the changes and so it seems that, regardless of the merits of Taptalk, I now need to change everything just to get back to where I was previously (reading the site on whatever). Hardly progress from my point of view. Lot's of change in order to wind up back where I started.

To be honest though, it wasn't the changes to the site or your request for comments that got my back up - it was the suggestion, by some a£$e in a later comment, that the 'Luddites' out there "just don't like change". Nothing better to get my fingers twitching than some 'know it all' individual mistaking tinsel for progress. Yes I do remember when PC's came with 64K as standard and I don't need some iPhone jockey lecturing me about 'technology' and 'progress'.

As I said to Asda ten years ago - the trouble with bypassing standards is that, within a few years, people might well be ordering goods on their x-boxes and mobiles - your Internet Explorer only site might loose out. How wrong I was