1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly new look for the forums.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just working on a new look with sidebars at the side of the forum. We may or may not stick with this in the long run, but your feedback would be appreciated. In particular I would like to know if there are any display issues, eg information or ads running into or out of their area etc.

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

it looks a bit strange Glenn,
    but we have had the same set up for years ,

all the adds are ok ,no probs with reading them,
    just looks a bit strange till we get used to it

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Nothing ventured and all that...but it might be confusing for some, especially when replying to a topic as you can see different threads than the one you are replying to above the 'Post reply' box.

4. Baramundi Bob

I dont understand what you mean Bucko. Can you do a screen print to illustrate.

5. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

That took me by sup-prize when i logged on but i like it

shark

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Will do mate- as soon as this awful Compaq laptop plays the game and actually takes the screen grab.

7. dw1980

dw1980 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks good, seems really easy to use upto now and thats saying something for me lol.

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Loos good on my mobile glenn

9. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Like it especially being able to see you got apm.howevwer only got a narrow paragraph,3 or 4 words!!!that may be only on my moby though i hope.

10. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

on my front page i got recent post that are hiden behind the big fish pic and the adverts on right hand side

11. ndgough

ndgough www.sbac.webs.com - Scarborough boat Angling Club

not sure if i like the change myself, for small posts its ok but on larger post and post with a few photos on you can only see a third of the photo you have to go to the bottom of the post to scroll across and go back up to the top to see the rest of the photo

just a suggestion could the user info go on the right hand side with the recent post to give more room for the main articles.

but it is a good idea to display these extra bits keep up the good work.

12. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

i dont like it looked much better the way it was before for me i cant see any point in having the user information in the left side bar, all the adds are fine for me none overlapping anything :)

13. Baramundi Bob

Cheers lads.

One question. Why are people on mobiles not using tapatalk? Its the only way to use the forum really.

Wrt the new look. Might not stay with it exactly as it is. I only really need a left sidebar for what i have in mind so right one may go. Also if i limit size of photos to eight hundreds then that should stop the scrolling issue. Ill be playing with it over next few few days.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

14. Baramundi Bob

Deano is your browser IP to date

15. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

adds all ok here, I like it !!!

16. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry Glenn, don't like it at all, I only get the post in the middle of the screen taking up the centre third & large blank space at either side, is that how its meant to look ?

17. Baramundi Bob

Only cos i haven't filled the sidebar yet. Work in progress. Like i say, the right sidebar may go but i need the left one. Don't worry about what's in there cos that will change when i have more time

18. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

at the top of the post, on the left are my details. pm's etc.... on the right there is recent posts but if the posted topic you are reading has a few posts, there is a white blank column down each side about a 1/5 of the width of the page....
    so far ads are where they should be.... will take abit getting used to...

19. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wouldnt have a clue glen if it upto date or not,i could check of some 1 would like to tell me how???

20. andyo123

andyo123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I like it on my smart phone screen it fits perfectly no need to scroll side to side.
    It does look a bit lost though on a widescreen pc monitor.