1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skye pollack fishing advice?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Bernie, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

I'll be up in Skye next week and would like to try for Pollack but one of my friends has a dodgy knee and can't walk far. can anyone suggest a Pollack mark with relatively easy access? Cheers

2. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was on Skye a couple of weeks ago, for a two week holiday, and had Pollack off Armadale Pier, but I was floatfishing Mackerel strip off the right hand side at the end. When I arrived the pier was deserted, but as and when the ferries and Paddle Steamers arrived or were due, it became a nightmare with literally hundreds of people standing round, made it impossible to cast without endangering your rig on some idiot or other who insisted on standing behind you and trying to photograph your every move. I even had one cheeky so and so pick up my tackle bag and move it so they could sit on the pier end where it had been standing...not impressed, it wasnt as if I was taking up much room, the tackle bag was underneath my tripod,with a bottom rod on it at the time, the numbskull , who was actually an adult male with a camera worth squillions of quid, wanted to sit under the tripod... on a bollard.I eventually packed up and left them to it.
    I had a good look all around Skye, but easy access fishing locations seem few and far between.... most involve a good hike, and the terrain isnt always that easy.There are a couple of easy acess Piers at Broadford, which you could bottom fish from, also one at Carbost, for Mackerel, Doggies possibly Ray, you can drive along the access road to the Carbost pier and park right next to where you fish.

Roger

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bernie

Bernie Blenny

Cheers Roger we will give that a go but keep out of the crowds!

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best spots are definitely a walk, so depends on your mates knee?

I took a lady who is not into hard walks or climbing to the headland near Elgol. Great pollock fishing. I had to 9lb's there. And small sea trout.
    1/2 mile walk over flat Heather land, and one get down of four feet with foot holds?