1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skunkheads pictures

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Pictures' started by skunkhead, Jul 21, 2011.

1. skunkhead

skunkhead Guest

some vareous picckys of me and me mates over the years,a few scenes to

[​IMG]

catfish grafton mere

[​IMG]

swale barbel

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/cocopops2006/42d2ba61d2e18.jpg

another swale brabel think about 9lb was actually pitch black darkness the flash made it look like early morning

[​IMG]

grafton mere catfish

[​IMG]

the Tees in all its rugged beuty

[​IMG]

hagg bank wylam main tyne probly one of the best pools on the tyne sometimes its better than wylam pool other times wylam pool is the better one

[​IMG]

wylam pool tail end jus out of the picture is where the tide comes in first stop for the salmon

[​IMG]

bywell bridge river tyne in the background a cracking section of water

[​IMG]

haydon bridge south tyne better for sea trout than salmon though it still gets fantastic runs of salmon

[​IMG]

swale barbel

[​IMG]

50lb plus catfish i caught on the ebro atginestar useing a 2lb carp for bait,caught a big Eel the same night!
    check the float out yer could moor yer boat on that!

[​IMG]

obveously not my fish but just had to post this,c.h frisby in full swing now that is a catch

[​IMG]

me first ever small mouth black bass -Perca Americana-i was jumping about like a titend when i caught this fish,fromthe ebro delta caught it a place called Amposta near some rice feilds

[​IMG]

28lb grafton catfish took a full sardine mounted on a 3/0 owner catfish hook 20lb main line and ton-up braid as a hook length

[​IMG]

swale barbel in the dark its the flash that makes it look like daylight

[​IMG]

me mate chrissy with a nice barbel

[​IMG]

a RED deer at over Dinsdale not ROE red deer are super rare indeed in the wild round these parts,the only area yer get em in in the tees valley is upper teesdale on lord barnards land,perhaps it was an escapee

[​IMG]

same day as we seen the red deer me mate wayne got this 9.5 lb barbel useing 4lb line and double maggot when the water was up about two feet and rageing through,he was sat there happy as larry catching bits then all hell broke loose

[​IMG]

Zaragoza northern spain on the ebro,the river is wide and vast here even though its well up country,Zander,Bream,BARBEL of 3 species,Trout,Cats (wels) never had a channel cat or heard of one up here thats not to say they aint there,pumpkinseed (sunfish,crappies) nase,chubb 2 types,pike and mosquito fish,theys probly more but thats all the ones i know about and have seen get caught-oh and millions or terrapins!

[​IMG]

this is the top of framwellgate dam durham city the water flow used to drop in to bishops mill below the weir,createing electricity for the ice rink (now closed down) and so is bishops mill (the tunnel) the tunnel used to create the fastest flow of water before they altered the fish pass enticeing the fish to go in the tuneel where they coundnt get through,the only time they left the tunnel is if they were disturebed,the tunnel was turned off or a big flood,the tunnel was and still is made of concreate very level in its day (now silted up) and had an awsome flow.

2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Great pictures mate, didnt know there was cats in grafton. Some nice tench in there too

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Cheers for the pictures SH- keep them coming.
    PM Sent.

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Cracking piccies cheers

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

How much is it to night fish grafton, and does it have a big head of cats

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some cracking pics there , i bet some salmon have gone up that weir . cheers