1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinny jetty accident

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by god ov all cod, Dec 8, 2012.

1. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well just been on phone to Steve pearsons wife and she sed hes gonna be ok but as broke a bone in his back but just glad he's gonna be ok hope ya get well soon Steve

2. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Skinny jetty accident

we seen the helicoptor fly over saltburn pier hope he is ok thats 3 now in the last few years bout time it was sorted on the pump house

3. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeh it's bad on there now it was on the end the hole every1 calls dungeons but glad he's ok

4. meathumper

meathumper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Im his son in law, ive just got back from the hospital. Hes had a operation today, they have put metal plates in his back and hes on the mend. Hes happy as can be expected in the circumstances , still in lots of pain, its just driving him mad staying still for so long (if you know him youll know what i mean).

5. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats good news, just shows ya i was speaking to him and hes fished it for years, if it can happen to him it can happen to anyone.

6. meathumper

meathumper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yeah your right, he knows that jetty better than anyone, hes fished it for years but these things happen. Hes got to be the luckiest man alive, it could of been allot worse than a big split round his head and a broken back. Thanks to newty for raising the alarm and dragging him out the bottom.

7. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

glad to hear he's on the mend

8. Mark Earl

Mark Earl Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just very happy he`s still on this plannet m8,,as u say it could av been alot worse,,iv seen 4 folkes fall down there over years,not a good experience i tell ya,,i was fishing with him round goat week nd half ago he went down a hole then,nd then a week on sun he came on jetty fishing next 2 me on railings he got 2 fish but he ran on 2 grates wen he had bites,,a was thinkin then please slow down steve,,tell him i wish him a speedy recovery nd il leave a few fish 4 him..FATTY.

9. Somertonian

Somertonian Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have just spoken to Steve and he sounds in good spirits.

An incredibly lucky escape from a serious accident. Please let it be the last on Skinningrove jetty.

I'd like to add my thanks to newty for his help in getting Steve out of the hole and off the jetty, to everyone who got him to hospital and the amazing team in James Cook who are looking after him. Also to all the well-wishers on this forum and beyond.

I have always been so proud of my brother.

Regards

Andrew

10. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

get well soon steve very lucky man well done newty for gettin steve to safety

11. Acko

Acko Rockling

get well soon ste
    nice 1 newty
    it could of been any of us ive nearly come a cropper ont jetty its lethal
    acko