1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six Codlings To 4lb From Bempton Last Night.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by alan smith, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. alan smith

alan smith Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bempton Report

We left Brid yesterday at 4 pm and headed to Bempton to have a go at fishing it from the boat in dark.

We never had a knock till about 7 o clock, we also had to be back by 10 pm to get back on the mooring so we left at 9 15pm

Our tally being 6 codling to 4 pound ,2 doggies and 2 bleggs. The cliff tops looked full of anglers hope they got one or two, we fished squid and lug cocktail. Alan.

2. Howard

Howard Blenny

Re: bempton last night.

Well done Alan glad you did better than us doing the day shift! Been a debate all morning on why Whitby and the Brigg fish really well uptiding whereas Bemmo is generally rubbish.
    I do not think ill be giving it another chance till the jigging starts round there. Should have saved the worms for the beach.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Couple of things come to mind Howard. The uptiding this end hasn't been that amazing in the past week. Some boats have gone for next to nothing. Also I think at Times Bempton can be good for uptiding, Ive certainly seen Ken and quint plus a few others get thier fair share on the kayak in April time.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Jezza shot 2 fleets of trammels there yesterday Howard,he's hauled them this morning and just rang me.

H's ended up with a box out of 2 fleets,he said the seals have hammered him,20 heads in one net alone.

Revenge is sweet though,one wrapped up in the net is no more.

5. cps

cps Rockling

are you kidding bemo can be on fire at the right state of tide at anchor admittedly I have never fished later than November but had some 50 fish afternoons on big flooding tides

6. alan smith

alan smith Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I agree ive had really good sessions myself. If I could have stayed later im confident we could have had more fish because tide was just starting to ebb at a good rate and we had to pack up. Really enjoyed it and I will do it again when weather permits.

7. gforce

gforce Blenny

Nice one Alan bet it was good to be out and a few fish always a bonus roll on april

8. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report alan,well done fellah,doggies ?,them ray won't be far away now ;)
    Nice read mukka,tnx for posting :)

9. Howard

Howard Blenny

Maybe were just unlucky (or crap) Chris. What did it for us was there was a Brid cobble with loads of rods out and they had ! in 2.5 hrs. It was also ebbing for us as we had to time it with mooring.
    Brid bays full of young seals and porpoises Mart There going to be more of them than ever this summer by the looks of things im afraid.

10. robq

robq Rockling

Il bet it was a bit snotty going around head end :eek: :eek:

I was up on flambro cliffs yesterday afternoon and it was kicking up a right old nasty wind against tide sea :p