1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver and Gold from the Mull of Galloway

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by deece1981, May 28, 2013.

1. deece1981

deece1981 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all,

Just got back from a couple of nights away at the Mull of Galloway with my brother beeceuk and thought i would put up a little report.

We arrived there Saturday morning a little later than expected (about an hour later thanks to an extra power nap by my brother!!) so got to the first mark around 10.30ish, the conditions looked great.

My brother said "within 5 casts we will be in to fish!", I set up on my spinning rod ready for some pollack using a SG real pearl sand eel, my brother opting for some of his new metals to try on his new rod.

Well just as my bro predicted 4th cast and i was on,,, shouting to my brother to get the landing net i noticed that it wasn't gold breaking the surface but silver!!! A quick thought was a decent coley, but nope, my luck was in and i had hooked my first bass of 2013!!

[​IMG]

Weighed the fish, coming in at a respectable 3lb 4oz, quick couple of shots and then safely away to sea!!

[​IMG]

Within an hour a couple of other pollack had come out, however my brothers was still squirting milt out, but again, quickly unhooked and back to the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried for bass at another mark as this one had slowed right down. Saw plenty of action in the water with bait fish swimming, birds diving and even a little schoolie swim past our feet so optimistic........ but...... nope no take, follows or hook ups!! Similar evening , lots of casting, lure changes but no fish!!

Sunday saw us trying to scope out new ground, even though the places we fish do quite well, thought we would do a little bit of a recce. Spoke to a couple of farmers about parking who seemed really nice guys, and despite finding new deep water marks, all the SP's and Metals in our trick bag couldn't tempt a fish. Noticed a few other anglers in the vicinty who seemed to be struggling just as much as us, so a big fat blank on the Sunday but new marks for summer none the less!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that was our lot as rain moved in thick and fast monday morning.

Canny little trip but still a bit too early me thinks!! Roll on July ;)

Dan

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A couple of nice fish there, the fishing will be back a bit due to the shocking spring we have endured

3. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Well done on the fish, I fished down the bottom of the wall and back towards flat rock, on Saturday I couldn't buy a bite.

4. congerball

congerball Blenny

Good report mate, enjoyed the photos. Nice Bass too! It's getting better week by week. Here comes summer!

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some nice fish
    give my regards to your bruv he promised me a trip locally
    place is brill hopefully up in august