1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB setup pictures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Apr 18, 2013.

1. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lovely that rob summers on its way

2. hoyler

hoyler New Member

I have similar sized wheels on my 3.3, they're plenty strong enough but a nightmare on soft sand. They're too small. I'm thinking of replacing them with the balloon type wheels like you get on the 'humpalumpa' trollies but they're about £30 each, just for the wheels.

Couple of questions about the four stroke outboard if anybody can answer them. I currently use a 9.9 mercury 2 stroke and wondered how much the equivalent 4 stroke weighed in comparison. Are there any issues with laying the 4 stroke down in the boot of the car? Doesn't the oil run into the bores and make it smoke for a while when you start up?

3. robq

robq Rockling

My tohatsu 4 stroke is supposedly the lightest in its class at 37kg. Its certainly easy enough to carry around and put on the boat single handed with no bother.

Its fine when layed down in the car although it has to go on the correct side.

The 9.8 is the same block as some of the lower capacity motors hence to good power to weight ratio.

be careful with most 9.9 hp motors as they are usually the de- tuned 18/15hp blocks and weigh considerably more :wink:

Where have you seen the bigger balloon type wheels ? I have been looking but not seen any

I am almost certainly moving up to a slightly bigger airdeck as I have just got a bit of spare cash burning a hole in my pocket and will be looking at a better wheel setup for that SIB :whistle:

There may be a Yam 300s up for sale cheap soon :cheesy: :cheesy:

4. hoyler

hoyler New Member

Can't remember exact weight but my mercury is quite a bit lighter than that and the old dodgy back already struggles!

This is where I've seen the balloon wheels.........

http://www.humpalumpa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_53&products_id=117

5. robq

robq Rockling

thanks for that I will take a close look :yes:

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You have a pm Rob.