1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB setup pictures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Apr 18, 2013.

1. robq

robq Rockling

After a few requests here are a few pics of my SIB setup with fishfinder and GPS.

Note that the seat is reversed and the seat and gps are set up as it would be with a passenger up front. When fishing alone it would be reversed !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

does the turbulence from the prop affect the transducer rob ?

3. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

That's a cracking set up, I predict a lot of quality reports this coming summer Robq, nice one. Exciting times ahead mefinks.

4. daveh

daveh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Tidy setup that.. I need to sort the ff out on mine.

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great looking setup there Rob, almost tempted to sell my Prowler now!

6. Solly

Solly Blenny

Nice set up Rob. I'm almost there but need to get the fishfinder and GPS and a few rod holders. Looking at yours I want to get out now.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Looks mint. If I wasnt relying on yaking to get rid of my bear belly, I think I would get one too.

8. robq

robq Rockling

LOL I have given up trying to lose my gut Glen :cheesy:

I have reluctantly accepted it comes with being middle aged !!

Its a lot harder to launch than the yak in all but the easiest of launch sites so you burn a lot more calories there if it makes it any easier to justify :happy:

Just hoping these winds settle on my days off so I can get some cod s**t on it :yes:

9. MikeR

MikeR Blenny

Thanks for posting those Rob.

I've convinced the missus that they're much more stable than a yak (she knows I'm accident prone!) and am now in the planning stages.
    Hopefully get one up and running for the back end of the year at the latest! ;)

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Looking good matey.

I m still half tempted.....but also the balance is tipping towards the Tango skiff 14 that I told you about. Be next year for me though........looking forward to the reports coming thick and fast from all the kinky boaters that are springing up :wink:. (Rubber clad boat anglers...lol)

11. robq

robq Rockling

I think you will be tempted Dave by the end of this season :wink:

The ease of boot of car to launch in 15 mins is a great seller compared to a trailered boat !!

only around 5 mins longer to set up than the yak but sooooo much more fun too :yes: :yes:

12. robq

robq Rockling

Peter I have had it up to 20mph and the FF still reads very accurately

Its more for when I am trolling ( which will be most of the time )

Some of my spots have big spikes and pinnacles that rise from the bottom and can claim a lot of expensive lures !!

It will come in handy with positioning over a few inshore wrecks I fish too

13. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi rob, great looking setup I'm well jealous, what did you make the transducer/fish finder mount out of ??? Looks like plywood

Also does it just sit on the transom or is there anything fixing it ??

14. robq

robq Rockling

When I bought the boat last year the guy said it came with a spare set of brand new deck boards :happy:

Unfortunately when I opened the packaging they were from a totally different boat :whatever:

The mount is made from one of the boards that I butchered !! As far as I know its just marine ply. It just slides over the transom and is a nice tight fit, I intended to clamp it on but there really is no need, especially with the weight of the battery to hold it down too

I intend to tidy it up a bit and paint it when I can be bothered :whistle:

15. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks good, what size battery is that ??

Thanks

Rich

16. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi looking at your launching wheels it looks like thay are bolted on it might just be the pic but if not you need to be able to fold them up when your in the water or there will be a lot of drag from them STEVE

17. robq

robq Rockling

They dont fold up Steve. They are removable as they have a latch at the bottom of the transom and then a knurled bolt slides through a hole at the top of the transom and scews into the upright to lock them in place.

I did think about getting a set of folding and slightly bigger wheels but to be honest I might end up with a slightly bigger 3.2 to 3.3m airdeck SIB next season so may as well hang on until then :yes:

The wheels I have are ok on firm ground but dont like the soft stuff or bumpy ground !! I have seen some bigger wheels with fatter tyres that look like they would make launching a lot easier :happy:

18. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the wheels i have for mine look a bit like yours but i had them on a 2.7 was going to change them over to my yam 3.2i but not sure if thay are strong enough i might give them a try and wheel it around the garden for a while lol STEVE

19. robq

robq Rockling

ijakk this is the battery I used :yes:

its the same one as I used to have on the yak, It powered my FF for 3 days without a recharge when in scotland a few years back, so it will be fine for a full days boat fishing :happy:

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Looks great Rob... Can't wait to get mine.. Got to sell my kayak first to put towards it..