1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

Hi guys i hope you are all well, i love to fish from a Sib after using a kayak for 2 and a bit years got to say its a lot of fun and i dont think i will go back to a kayak any time soon sorry im not a traitor haha but maybe you guys can checkout and subscribe to my you tube channel and maybe we can come up with ideas for new videos i will post videos each week or 2 weeks i want to work with like minded people thanks link below please subscribe :)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCqppXGV2Yzm_Ys7B6Q7NaBA

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'd check on your oil/petrol ratio's , in the vid you say you're mixing it 100:1, I reckon it's more likely to be 50:1.

It sounds like your engine is struggling on tickover with too much oil in the fuel

50:1 works out at 20mls of 2 stroke oil per litre of fuel, use TCW3 as the oil as it burns much cleaner and won't foul your plugs up unlike ordinary 2 stroke motor bike oil which burns differently, bike engines run at a much higher temperature than 2 stroke boat engines and TCW3 2 stroke oil is designed to burn clean at low temps

Other than that you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just had a quick look at a pdf from Yam and it says in there 100:1 for the oil mix but I'd still check your particular model no., stick with the TCW3 though