1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. robq

robq Rockling

nice setup Paul :yes:

south landing is a good free launch at all except a big low water, where its a bit of a hard drag :wounded:

you might need a tiller extension with that setup mate :wink: you will be suprised how fast it is !!

2. Solly

Solly Blenny

SIB fishing

Yes I was just looking at yours. At the moment there will be two of us until I'm more confident. So it should help keeping the front down.
    I run the engine up today and can't believe how quiet it is. I need to get some sea time until the engine is fully run in.
    What size anchor do you think I would need. I thought something around 4kg or is that too light

3. robq

robq Rockling

Paul after a bit of research I went for a bruce type anchor around 2 kg like below. Its held me in a decent sea and wind with 6mm warp out around twice the depth :yes: I used around 3 metres of chain though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-2KG-BRUCE-TYPE-GALVANISED-ANCHOR-/140174395291?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item20a30b879b

4. Solly

Solly Blenny

Thanks Rob I will have a look for one.

5. hoyler

hoyler New Member

SIB fishing

What tackle do you guys use when SIB or kayak fishing? I've fished from my sib a few times but never had much success. I use the same rods, reels and rigs/methods as I do when normal boat fishing but maybe I've got it all wrong? Any advice?

6. robq

robq Rockling

I use the same stuff as on my Yak which is fairly light tackle.

I have a pair of 6.5 ft solid carbon fladden spinning rods rated to 35g ( think they have stopped making them now )

paired with shimano 8000gte baitrunners and 20lb braid :yes:

They will comfortable Jig with 3oz leadheads and small pirks up to 4-5oz which are more than heavy enough coupled with the thin braid.

I use the same rods for bottom bait fishing with 3/4 oz leads, also trolling for pollack and even plugging for bass !!

I do prefer light tackle fishing though I have to say.

7. hoyler

hoyler New Member

SIB fishing

Hmmmm, think I might invest in some lighter gear. Perhaps the 20lb class boat gear isn't the way to go!

8. Thanks Glen

I do remember this thread

Cheers

U

9. John_b

John_b Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ah Uata, you'll be zipping about on the ski shortly

10. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

[​IMG][​IMG]
    This has been a really interesting thread . I used to have a much larger rib on a trailer I kept at the coast but was a pain if you were on your own when launching.i bought this little zodiac from a chap off the holderness forum last year . I now have an engine and about ready for a little sesh from sands end this summer can't wait .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Solly

Solly Blenny

Best of luck and hope you enjoy it.