1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

SIB fishing

It's not the tackle its my pack up that takes the room .tackle tart...one rod I use is snapped taped up with insulation tape .but I like the action of .got a brand new one in the garage .saving it for when this one snaps again .but don't anyone tell the fish that I have a shit rod or I won't catch lol

2. daveh

daveh Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm off to look at a Europa sport 3.2m air deck during the week. I really like the idea of a small portable SIB.

3. cps

cps Rockling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cyril_Chauquet.jpg

this guy seems to do ok with his even manages to get in his luggage to take on his adventures :yes:

4. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

That Guy is a nutter, I've watched many of his programs. Fallen of rocks in to sea fallen of boat in sea, the lot. Mind you I wouldnt mind his job.

5. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: SIB fishing

Frank avey in his old inflatable he has a bigger and better one now[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

that was my old 2.7mtr waveline,got 3.2mtr airdeck now .
    we were lucky that week steve ,great weather and plenty of fish ,remember laid in the sib anchored in about 80ft catching the sun and a few different species and catching quite a few octopus when we were out ,peter getting squirted with ink.
    hope to do plenty more of that ,and a few trips to the east coast ,
    the plaice around sandsend are a target this year , just got some things from fleabay for rigs after watching videos on youtube,the chromed plastic spoons are great for plaice rigs ,got some ready and waiting.

frank.

7. robq

robq Rockling

looks like that was a nice day frank :yes:

How do you find the airdeck for fishing ? I have heard mixed reports

I like the sound of the convenience of the airdeck if I ever upgrade as putting the boards in is a pain in the backside and takes longer than inflating it !!

I am just about ready to go now and fancy a crack at some plaice :yes: going to see if there are any about in brid bay when the weather has a word with itself :whatever:

8. Solly

Solly Blenny

SIB fishing

Just been reading the thread a couple of times and really fancy a go at this. I'm the same as you Rob with a bad back and work commitments a yak or boat is out of the question. I had a chat today with bigbob1 and I'm more than happy to spend some money. I was thinking of a honwave like this[​IMG]
    What would others recommend as all advice will be appreciated

9. robq

robq Rockling

Sorry solly I have not really got enough experience yet to be able to offer you advice based on my own findings.

Here is a really useful forum that I have gleaned tons of info from however
    http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/

The honwaves and zodiacs get good reviews and something between 3m and 3.6m should be fine matched with a decent outboard.

cheers to slawie for the newton crum nsurance tip :yes: £58 for comprehensive cover for boat and outboard :happy:

10. frank avey

solly go for the airdeck ,no messing putting a floor in which can be a pain and a good saving on weight which is always good.
    the airdeck floors are great ,its a high pressure system ,a lot higher than the tubes and when up its feels just like a solid floor or mine does,
    i had a wooden floor before and much prefer the airdeck its like walking on carpet compared to the boards on my earlier one .
    they are very very tough so no problems with putting your gear straight onto the airdeck.
    launching wheels are a must if you have back trouble and wouldnt go much over 3mtr ,3.2 or 3.4 max as they tend to get pretty heavy much over this and you would struggle without help, i have two grown lads one of which will be coming to help me when i go or no pocket money.
    hope this is of some help .

rob
    sandsend seems to be one place that throws some nice plaice out and numbers as well,
    brid bay is full of dabs but if you get some plaice out you can send me gps cordinates and will have a bash .
    willy bendit [alain] told me he knows some good plaice ground out of filey if he,s in a good mood he might share, [doubt it ]. only joking alain.

frank.

OR GET ONE OF THESE BELOW. PUT THIS INTO YOUTUBE .

SEALEGS 710.wmv
    Nikos Koloumpas·276 videos

11. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Now frank thought you was my mate :kiss: im always in a good mood :laugh: ill pm rob the numbers :yes:you can get stuffed LOL or ill swap yer for a 1000 blacks

12. frank avey

alain,
    blacks are no good for them barn doors you fish for ,thought you were gonna do the porgies out of whitby this year ,
    got finder /plotter and waterproof handheld vhf for the dinghy so may bump into you if your down aldborough way after them tope or even up around the mull, seems a few lads have taken the plunge this year and got kitted out with innertubes, its like garlic bread ,its the future.
    have you heard owt from the scarlet pimpernel [sorry gary] not even seen anything of him on the forums, must be working hard to try and have as much dosh as you,lol.
    keep in touch alain and that plaice mark at filey would be nice ,will get it from rob ,ha ha .

frank.

13. Solly

Solly Blenny

Thanks for the advice Frank. I'm all ears and take on all your points. I'm interested in knowing what sort/make of GPS fishfinders etc you would recommend. I had a chat with bigbob1 and he's given me loads of info to get me started.

14. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Frank i use Ragworm for the Plaice on a wishbone rig ive a few porgie trips in the pipe line hope to get over to lough swilly in Ireland and up the top near thurso in scotland not seen or Herd out of Gary ill get the number out of my G P S and pass EM over the Blacks are for next winter

15. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Alain :happy:

I have an old book by ernest merrit that mentions a good flatfish mark called castle peeping I think ? It might even be the same spot ?

I will see how I get on with the yam 300s this year Frank but I think I may have a look at the zodiac fastroller 3.25 for next year . I have just bought a bravo pump and can have the boat fully inflated in less than 5 minutes now :surprise: The decks take me twice that long to set op and as you say weigh quite a bit too/

http://www.zodiacmarine.co.uk/boat/55/cadet-fastroller-325

I like the look of flat airdeck with V underneath as opposed to the honwaves which have the V inside too

16. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Rob ive some thornback ray & Aldborough tope marks you can have (dont tell Frank ) Ha Ha ill stick EM up tomorrow if i get chance might have to arrange a over night stay and Beach B B Q at Filey if that big bright thing in the sky comes out to play :yes:

17. robq

robq Rockling

sounds like a plan Alain :yes:

18. frank avey

solly
    have a lowrance finder/plotter but think any will do the job i just wanted a decent size screen and like the idea of both together.
    if you go for a handheld vhf which is in my opinion more important than the finder make sure you get one rated ipx7 which is submersible to one mtr for 1/2 hour and if you can get one that floats ,the last thing you want to see is your radio sinking out of sight if you drop it overboard or flip. i lost count the times ive heard people turning over [mostly yakers] and their radios gone to davey jones locker.
    i got the cobra vhf ,1/3/6 watt transmit,it floats and is ipx7 rated so no worrys about it getting wet. if i drop it just pick it out of the water no damage done.

frank.

19. Solly

Solly Blenny

Thanks for your advice frank. That's given me plenty to be getting on with for the time being.

20. frank avey

thats the good thing about forums ,you can share info whether good or bad ,let others know your experiences with products,fishing ect and help others avoid pitfalls.
    i have gleaned info from the site and will never have a problem sharing what i know ,
    after all we are all in the same boat. [sorry for the pun].
    enjoy your fishing and be safe .

frank.