1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. robq

robq Rockling

Thanks for all the replies lads :happy:

I know franks been at it a while but I didnt realise there were so many others interested !!

I have just been out today to start running the new motor in and clocked 21.2mph on the gps at 3/4 throttle :surprise:

steady planing at 12 to 14mph at 1/3 throttle too :happy: I did just over 16 miles and used about 3.5 litres of fuel !! That seems pretty good economy :yes:

I think I might have a crack at the tope Ken but only if the forecast is right. I just need to suss out some good cheap launch sites now where I can put to sea without breaking the rules :whistle:

Brid wont be seeing any of my money at £28 per launch :ugly:

2. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

rob
    you cant get nearer to the tope than to launch at east newton ,only need a few hundred mtrs from shore ,
    when we were out on garys boat loz was after them on his kayak and even when he moved well inshore when the sea started to lift a bit he was still hitting them ,he was only a short way out ,after all these things are hooked from the shore.
    would watch them razor sharp teeth on the walls of your inflatable,mine will be cut away when they get to the boat ,dont fancy deflating a section with a big rip in it while out on the water.

£28.00 is that to self launch rob ,thats well steep, brid wont see my cash either at them prices.
    angleseys only £20.00 for the year with a ten h,p engine and that includes most of nth wales beaches as well.

frank.

3. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Now you know why i save a few bob and go up scotland 4 launches will pay for the fuel up to loch crinan great views and great fishing free launching all over scotland mind some places have a honesty box at the top of the slip But its £10 well spent for a weeks fishing

4. frank avey

RIP OFF BRITAIN AGAIN ALAIN.
    just cant seem to help themselves,if it wasnt so expensive to launch on our coast there would be miles more at this small boat lark.
    in summer angleseys heaving with small boaters with the 9.9hp and under rule of paying £20.00 to register and thats it for the year,launch as many times as you want for that £20, even the big boats its only £13 which is way less than brids ripoff £28.00.

frank.

5. robq

robq Rockling

I think some of my old haunts in bonny scotland may be getting a visit over the next few years Alain :yes:

Frank I think that the east newton slip is doable but not alone !! I struggled to drag mine up a short steepish slip today so I am not sure i could manage that cliff on my own :evil: probably easy with 2 though :yes:

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

any time you fancy a trip Rob just let me know old sprinter will take all the gear no problem

7. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you have to pay to launch a 10 horse in anglesay frank its less than a 10 horse that you dont

8. frank avey

splitting hairs comes to mind steve. 9.9 and under would be okay ,post amended.

frank

9. slawie

slawie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

that 0.1 horse would cost £15 expensive split hair ha ha i want to be a barber lol

10. frank avey

easy launching from Tunstall ?

does anyone know where this is ,seen the commercial boat launch just down from sand le mere but havent got a clue how to get to where they launch in the car,would be great for putting the sib in as they drive onto beach with a tractor.
    is it somewhere they would let you launch from if anyone knows about the place.

frank.

11. robq

robq Rockling

good job mine is a 9.8hp then :cheesy:

I am not sure about tunstal frank ? Its a fair old drag from where you park at the blocks down to the mud slip ( which isnt always in very good condition and may be quite tough on the launch wheels !!

Other spots I thought about were easington ramp, withernsea town centre, hornsea town centre and skipsea

I am not sure about the legalities of just launching from wherever you like though ? its hard getting info on it :crazy:

Do the council only have the right to charge if you use their ramps and facilities ?

I have no problem paying a reasonable fee to use ramps like at filey and scrabro where I understand there is a fee of around £10 to launch, but £28 is just not on :crazy:

12. hoyler

hoyler New Member

Frank A on the Holderness forum told me you can launch off the beach at Fraisethorpe near Skipsea, the farmer just charges a few quid to park and you're right next to the beach. Not tried it yet but might give it a go this year.

13. frank avey

hoyler
    last time i took the grandkids to fraisthorpe beach it was on the board about boats launching,
    from memory i think it was £4.00 but that was 2/3 years ago,if he,s found out what the others are charging he may have put his prices up but he only caters for sibs as there is no ramp so you have to put your sib down a small bank ,no problems for us but you couldnt launch a bigger craft.

rob
    dont forget dimmo
    if the ramp is in decent nick after winter it will be sound to put the boats in there.
    straight out to some good ground ,
    will have to get a few lads down there this summer and have a little comp, many hands make light work so the boats could be launched between us all which would make it easy.
    what make engine you got rob ,with the fuel you used would guess you got a four banger.
    undecided which one to use on mine ,
    i have 2 seagulls light as a feather ,8hp yam ,a bit[more really] of a struggle, 15hp mariner ,very fast but heavy .
    good job i have two strapping lads .

14. elmtree

elmtree Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Rob, I’ve had one for a few years now, it’s a 15 foot with an alloy bottom. The only thing is I have to launch it on the trailer. Me and Jason are talking about doing a lot of fishing of the Holderness this summer (if we get one) . Let us know when your going, sounds fun. :yes:

15. robq

robq Rockling

Frank I went for the 9.8 tohatsu 4 stroke in the end. The lightest in the category and got a great local deal at MJ marine just over the river :yes:

I meant fraisethorpe in my last post :whatever: too much cider lol

Elmtree let me know when you are going :yes: be glad to buddy up :happy:

16. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

If its small enough to handle, lots of places to launch foc, Upgang, sandsend, runswick etc
    Regards
    John

17. robq

robq Rockling

Thanks SOMG :yes:

its a fair bit north than I would be aiming to launch but its good to know that we wouldnt be breaking any major laws by self launching as and where we can :happy: :happy:

18. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Mine arrives next week 12 ft with a 10 up Honda roll on flat summer evenings

19. cps

cps Rockling

that will restict you to inside 10 miles then graham :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    will there be enough room for you and all the gear you carry we know your a biger tackel tart than ziggy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    looks like i will have to have a rethink on the anti kayak device an my ally boat and refit a spike a t water leaval for all these inertubes that will be bombing round this summer :laugh: :laugh:
    my take on it is they will be 100 time beter than a yak for people like me that get a bad back

20. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Me and scottygf is getting it.just the same as you really Chris .whip it Hornsea on a t time out for a couple of hours mackying not messing about with tractors and pulling me guts out with trailers get it next sunday