1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB Fishing - Skinningrove - Sunday 6th July

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Crazy Stu, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Crazy Stu

Crazy Stu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I thought I'd take my Dad out for a bit of Mackerel fishing in the SIB yesterday morning as the conditions looked favourable. Despite getting a soaking whilst launching from a freak wave and an outboard that seemed to take forever to start we headed off and set up about half a mile out. We had a run of about 10 or so Mackerel then it went quiet so we headed out further to try and pick up a few Codling. First drop and my Dad looked like he's snagged the bottom so he passed the rod to me to sort out. I soon passed it back. Fish on, I shouted. So there was my Dad pulling in a half decent fish on a £10.50 telescopic travel spinning rod. I had to get this on film. Then he just kept on catching them. We ended up with 8 Codling, around 10 Mackerel, a Pouting and a flattie. After around 2 hours the heavens opened so we headed back in. All in all a good session, especially for him, his first time out in a boat in 30 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is also a vid:

http://youtu.be/Xu-Q2qa1i58

2. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm jealous mines not been out since I bought it, :)
    I'm pleased for your dad, I bet it's not long before he's out again ;)
    Tight line both.

3. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Lovely bend in that rod well done,
    I took my sib out today but only down a local river couldn't even row it not enough room either side, no injuin got picked by the misses after 25 miles just going with the flow lol.

4. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate, a very nice day was spoiled by the rain but still some nice fish for the pan.

5. robq

robq Rockling

Well done a few fish :)

SIB days for me have been few and far between for me this year so far :(

Bloody northerlies :mad: and when it does go SW it blows like a bastard :mad: :mad:

6. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

nice to see u back out on the sib

7. Crazy Stu

Crazy Stu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeah it was OK apart from the weather later on. It was nice not having to paddle.

8. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one its amazing how much stick them little rods will take