1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sib fishing skinninggrove report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by leejames12, Aug 26, 2016.

1. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

So me and my dad had an average day at our usual mark or (marks) in skinninggrove we have a soft floor inflatable boat a (SIB) with a yamaha 9.9hp 2 stroke engine which is great and pushes us along very niceless with no effort the kit we used was hokkais and i was using shads and sidewinder lures.

We woke at around 6am hoping to leave around 0615am no messing around i like to get there haha. anyways it was hammering it down with rain so we thought we would leave it for 30 minutes (luckily!) It stopped raining heavily, and we thought we would set off and hope for the best when we arrive at skinninggrove and it was clear and not raining which was great so we set up our boat laid the gear down at the front and had a laugh launching it playing whos getting wet this time trying to launch!

Anyways we started the engine and let it run for a good 3 or 4 minutes letting the engine warm up after this with once again no messaing around revs on and we flew out to the right near hummersea and fished the rough stuff we fish around here trying different spots for around 1 1/2 hours and only producing a few mackeral and 1 coley so we decided to head out in line with hummersea straight out to around a mile near the drop off we fished around 1 hour here with no fish.

We then flew over and went 1 mile off and inline with the pier see what that produced and suprisingly i caught 1 cod at ib that lifted my moral for the day considering we wearnt having much luck we even spoke to two guys on a rhib (rigid hull inflatable boat) very nice with a nice engine on and they also wearnt having much luck we though lets head over to saltburn way in line with the cliffs and about 1 mile off in rough ground bam !

My dad caught 2 cod on 1 line he was very happy as i was taking the mick out of him for not catching one and teasing him saying wheres yours well i wasnt laughing then haha and then it was heading to around 2pm we headed back to the hummersea cliffs for our last few drops then the rain started again at around 3 so we called it a day and headed to shore where the rain really hammered it down and we wheres drenched head to toe till we got home but anyways it was a long day considering we only caught a few pests (macky) and 3 cod where in summer we usually bag 15 to 20 on the sib.

20160825_121519.jpg

20160826_193851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Pleased you got a run out & posted.

thought you might have had some Pollock down hummersea bottoms.

yakkers have been getting a couple.

johny vegas on tiller?

youl soon be able to find other marks by yourself as you kept

trying other options during your day out.

4. Mark

Mark Blenny

Great report mate and thanks for sharing. I have just bought a sib from Whitby and wanted to know what type of pump do you use or recommend to inflate your boats.

Thanks Mark

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

A Bravo pump is best, but you can use a cheap air bed inflator for volume, then get it to pressure with a foot pump.

6. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

I use a cut off pump you want it at the correct psi mate so dont get a bed inflater you want safest option where it cuts off at correct psi only 50 quid