1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIB fishing filey 7-6-13

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Jun 7, 2013.

1. robq

robq Rockling

Well I have had a few crap sessions on the SIB ( soft inflatable boat ) mainly due to the inclement weather this year and not being able to get to where I wanted to be :whatever:

However a day off and light winds for change :happy: I though the briggs pollack could do with some hammer !!

Unfortunately I left my fishfinder and GPS at home :angry: and the water was a bit green close in after yesterdays swell so I decided to after an hour of losing gear that the codlings would get some attention instead

Sport wasnt hectic but 8 fish between 3 to 4lb ish in 3 hours was reasonable and great sport on a 6ft spinning rod, 15lb braid and a 30g leadhead with orange twintail, I fished it tapping the bottom with small lifts and twitches and even though clarity at around 200 yards wasnt great they were finding the lures OK.

The boat is performing well now :yes: around 15 mins to set up in total and very fuel efficient !! I did 15 miles earlier this week and used only 3 litres :surprise:

A few pics from the day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

That looks like a lot of fun Rob, really can see why people are turning to SIB fishing. Nice to see a bit of sport, just need a clear sea now!

3. andym

andym Rockling

Great stuff Rob looks better weather than up here white caps all day

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice one Rob. Think Hoggy's opened the flood gates to the brigg with his report :wink: the mineral crew are heading out of the dingy's comfort zone tomorrow :wink:

5. robq

robq Rockling

cheers lads :yes:

The brigg always fishes well in may/june in the right conditions

long may it continue :happy: we deserve a decent summer with good winds :yes:

I was intending to run down to bemmo too but in the end couldnt be bothered

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nice to see you get a few matey from the innertube :wink:

Remember that 'Zoo-creature' that taught you a lesson a few years ago could still be down there ! :wink:

7. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Know what you mean AndyM. I was thinking of going out today from Skinny, but decided to leave it until tomorrow when there is less swell forecast and hopefully less white caps too.

8. robq

robq Rockling

That zoo creature Dave has my name on it !!

I went looking for it whilst checking out the band get down :ugly: water too coloured up though :ugly:

its hard mooching for the pollack with an outboard as its just too fast and the lead lifts off the bottom :whatever: need to do some work on techniques

9. Cartman74

Cartman74 Guest

That zoo creature snapped my rod a few weeks ago when I was there with Hoggy, 3ft easy. You better hope I don't get it first as I'll stuff the barsteward :yes: and shove the rest of my snapped rod down its throat :yes:

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A good report there Rob, well done on the fish

11. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report Rob :)

I was on the Brigg in the morning and could see a SIB, guess that was you?!

I didn't have my binoculars with me so couldn't spy on your fishing to see if you were catching, but can see now you did way better than I did off the shore!

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

12. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

You did well there bud I fished the brig yesterday with fresh crab for 1micro codling and a billet I had1 good rive but it never came back

13. robq

robq Rockling

I did see a couple of lads fishing the brigg, one in a white top around ling rock area and another under high nab :yes:

I guess it was you lads !!

I did come inside for a bit but it was well coloured up. Should be good once ( IF :tired: ) the sea ever settles down for a while !!

14. smokey

smokey Rockling

I was trying to wave at you rob but every time I put my hand up you were looking elsewhere,you could have had a couple of big fat hens for fresh cart.

You were in the wrong spot for a Pollock as well :butt: :cheesy: :wink:

The water was like chocolate tight inside when you were under bennys/pigeon hole,but it was a bit clearer down the rock edges just off a bit,it's a lot clearer today as well,not gin clear but better than it has been :happy:

15. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: SIB fishing filey 7-6-13

I must have been the one under high nab as I had a green top on not white!!

The internet really does make the world a smaller place!

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

16. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Nice report Rob , quite interested in a SIB , since i cant manage those yaks
    ShArk

17. robq

robq Rockling

Cheers Smokey, good to hear from you :happy: A nice bit of fresh would have been nice :yes:

was that you in the yellow cat ?? A nice new boat :happy:

I wasnt pollacking under bennys just having a curious look at the rope that comes halfway down the cliff near perch whilst on my way back from checking out band :crazy:

I did most of my pollacking in front of high brigg but it was a bit swelly to get in real close and A bit coloured up I thought :sad:

Cant wait for it to settle down a bit now !!

18. Groyne

Groyne Guest

Well done on the fish Rob.

The wind finally died down at T'other end of Yorkshire this morning, so me and my first mate Lucy went out for our first fishing foray in our Zodiac Fastroller.

[​IMG]

It's 3.4m with a 15HP mercury outboard.

Sorry there's no more photos, the First mate forgot the camera.

We loaded the boat and dragged it to our launch site at the back of the Stray cafe in Redcar, it's a small slip about 5 minutes from the house. The Launch was a bit of a chew because the tide was quite far out, but we managed, I dragged the trolley back to the Groyne and strapped it to one of the uprights so that it wouldn't disappear.

Once the motor was fired up we where straight onto the plane and zipping along quite nicely. As it was our first fishing trip we just motored out to some hard ground between Redcar and Marske.

With only one a light spinning rod between us, we rigged it up with a 2 oz lead and a Shad. In 30ft of water we where soon into fish. plenty of codling in the 1 to 2lb, with the odd bigger ones, and small billet. We kept 4 codling, 3 about 3lb and the best going about 4 1/2lb, that put up a cracking fight on the light gear.

After a couple of hours the breeze started to pick up, so we headed back to shore, a job well done.

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

I think the rope down from perch was put in by franky for when he gets a pig on,i don't know the last time it was used but the last time I looked from below in the boat it looked like you could get very near to the bottom :wink:
    Aye that was Jeremy and me in the cat :wink:

20. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

interesting reads rob and groyne,a few codlings starting to show now along the coast,becarefull on the beach rob another boat and trailer got stuck today :yes: :yes: