1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHORT REPORT AND NEW KAT?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dmc, Sep 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi,festival trip cancelled due to our fantastic summer weather,so as not to waste the day decided to go to sands end cliffs for the first trip of the year.

And as it happens, even though the gear was sorted and serviced + tackle in place id still managed to find the spigot on the rod not going in as far as i would of liked and some of my rigs still in my uptiding gear.

so lesson number 1 learnt.Im glad it was found out on a sunny day and not after long trek down a cliff on a cold dark winters night.

Its at this point id like to report stacks of fish but not the case just crabs stripping the hooks in seconds,so day one over.

SATURDAY, came across with Karl to our boat to carry out a few jobs but the weather had improved enough to fish in the afternoon jobs done and off at 2.30.We headed up to Runni and fish marked on all our spots so we felt pretty confident but as we all know fish marking dont equal fish in boat and today that was the case.

the problem we think was the colour in the water and also the speed of the drift.Karl fsihed allday on baited feathers and small hokias and i stuck to small blue sand eels and various shads.

,result a hammering from Karl who caught all the fish 3 codling 1 gurnard loads mackies,coalies and whiting,with the amount of fish marking somebody is gonna have a cracker of a day when the weather settles and the water clears,hopefully it could be us.

BUT The question is are we getting a new charter boat in the shape of that stunning .

looking kat?Is it a new skipper or an existing one,or are we in the prescense of a euro lottery winner whos bought himself a large sports fisher for the odd trip out.either way its cracking vessel.

Not much of a report but thanks for reading and hope your fishing good

Dave Crawford
    PS is Dan the Pollock the most photographed lad on the foroum?

2. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Yes mate it's dolly who has trot ons new boat she is a bonny boat isn't she good luck to him and his new boat top skipper I won the summer festival with him a few years ago

3. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi LAWSEY

,yeah that is good news and it couldnt belong to a better bloke,Karl and myself have been out with Paul and have had great days out and he has always got us on the fish.When we told Paul about us getting a small boat ourselves he couldnt of been more supportive,we should of been with Paul Friday just gone, for the festival but for the weather.But that kats a stunner and im ,andsure Paul will put lots of anglers old and new over plenty of qualty fishand i hope to be amongst them,Well done Paul top bloke

Dave Crawford

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

She is lovelly boat and i am sure paul will enjoy her and so will his customers.

paul.