1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Pike report

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by congerball, May 15, 2015.

1. congerball

congerball Blenny

Not very local but thought I'd add something up. We'd had a trip down to Norfolk booked for a while and it finally came round last weekend, we made our way down and arrived on the Friday evening.
    I opted to start in a swim where I lost a good fish the last time we were down, I couldn't resist....it still haunts me hahahah. Anyway the fish were there instantly, sometimes taking the deads or lure just after it hit the surface or on the drop.
    I ended up with a total of 19 on the bank with the best two going 14lb 4oz and 11lb 6oz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above photos are the same fish.

My brother had similar success with lots of fish to 11lb 8oz, my mate Tim managed a PB Tench, I can't remember the exact wait but it was 8lb something.

All in all a good weekend.

Now it's back to the Pollock and Bass!!

Tightlines

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one, they look in real good condition as well, have they already spawned and recovered as they look like they're as fit as

Good to get a few early season decent fish under your belt

3. congerball

congerball Blenny

They were all in good condition and gave a good scrap...they were rested longer than usual before being returned to the depths to sulk!
    Some of the fish were a bit lean but to be expected after spawning.