1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shore pegged gill nets

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bobby, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i thought the idea of the forum was to raise talking points and yes sometimes cause a bit of a stir. i think you find most points that are raised that are of any use are sometimes contentious. so whats ur point.

2. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks like il be scrounging a lift there from now on or changing me car.

3. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thers an old saying{live and let live} and in this case i would.

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Who you asking Suzuki ?

5. foo

I will repeat I am not trying to imidate anyone here and some people may be taking my comments the wrong way. Your transport will be perfectly safe in Skinny, all I am saying is do not antagonate the locals unneccasarrily, whats the point and what harm was being done anyway ? The locals are wonderful, friendly people and will help you out with advice and even show you where the best winkles live if you ask,lol, as long as they are not "crossed". The vast majority of nets will be across a gully or some other fault line or natural feeding fish patrol route anyway and as I say will be propably someone after a couple of codlings, especially just after a bust up when the water is puddly.

6. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi all,

apologies for being dense here but what are the laws on nets laid down in this manner??

ive got the less than 10 m bit but what are the restrictions on net 'gauge' size and are there any laws about where you can / cant put them?

thanks all!

7. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best place for location/advice try hummersea, you will soon find out.

8. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

my mate wanted to lay some gills net down at anglesey he contacted the authorities ,he was told its not against the law as long as a float had your name adress & phone no ,also not in a place to intercept migratories (sea trout & salmon )

9. foo

Class :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Andyk22

so no straight answer then, cheers :no:

11. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Heres one

Ring NEIFCA they'll give you the answers to your questions

12. Andyk22

tried looking on their website but cant find the answers

13. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

Nets Have to be covered by 6 ft of water at all states of the tide or it is classed as poaching was told this years ago by the fisheries people.

14. hopper

hopper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

no corks or floats to be showing at low water

15. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i'll still check to make sure the fish are ok if im there late on in the day, make sure theyre upright for the incoming tide, so the net owners have nicefresh fish to collect :kiss:

yeh right

16. foo

Quite right too lobbers and hopefully the same respect will be paid to your traps and someone will clean all the peelers for you so fresh ones can get in their places. :butt:

17. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh:

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

I always make sure pauls crabs are being looked out for when im down the tyres .... :cheesy: :cheesy:

Ide also cut them illegal nets up ,,the poaching t wats ..... :laugh: :laugh:

19. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

was talking to a local tday and i just happened to mention about sum1 posting on here about a net (he wasnt very happy at all) mark my words (dnt let them see you around dwn skinny)

20. andyp

andyp New Member

Posting threats on an open forum now!!!! Well done!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.