1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ship open questions

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wellycod, Dec 27, 2011.

1. wellycod

wellycod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got my ticket for the ship open match but ive never fished a match before and no idea what the protocol is pre match? Also any tips for someone fishing there first match?
    Thanks Welly

2. robq

robq Rockling

Just make sure you are within the stated boundaries and that you do not start fishing before the stated match times :yes:

Thats about it really !!

Dont fish after the finish time either as you will be gutted at getting a 9lber, 10 minutes later that you cannot weigh in :embarrass: :embarrass: Ask Lobbers :crazy:

Good luck and fish hard :happy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Think that sums it up.

4. wellycod

wellycod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cheers lads

so i just start fishing at 11 don't have to register anywhere in the morning? And the ship pub is the one opposite whitby angling?

Cheers again

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thats right mate. Give yourself plenty of time to make the weigh inn if you have a fish. Even if you get a small mop, make sure you go to the weigh inn as sometimes you will be surprised at how high up the prize list you can be.

6. cps

cps Rockling

hows ticket sales going with it beng mid week ? would have liked to have fished but back at work and carnt realy mange thursday and friday off first time i have not fished in a few years :cry:

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Chris when you work for yourself you can do your own hours :yes:

paul.

8. cps

cps Rockling

yes you know how that works 12 -14 hours a day 7 days a week while the works there