1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharkatag Shakedown

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lindisfarne, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Well, I've registered tonight so I'll see you all there. Prob going on the Thurs morning ish.

Just need to sort some more gear now!!

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

3. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

The 2011 SharkAtag event starts friday the 24 of june who`s going this year i for one will be there hope its better fishing than last years Meet tightlines Alain

4. cps

cps Rockling

marts booked a cottage for the week in isle of whithorn on the road towards the caravan park , jason and bazas crew book one somwhere just out of the town role on june the 20th

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Chris ill be staying at new england bay again from the 11 th of june to the 2 of july launching from ardwell most times if you need a tide table pm me ill send you one over tightlines Alain

6. Baramundi Bob

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

not sure many lads still fish the ssacn events now not after what went one with a few yakkers up loch crinan plus the tags if not inserted properly cause infections ive about 15 tags that i have removed from infected fish mostly common skate as not many tope have been caught after been tagged do they die or is it because of something else who knows for sure hears a few pictures of infected fish ive caught
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ssacn saw the light and stopped tagging common skate after we at anglers against tagging showed them the pictures we have in our collection of infected fish we hope to have all tagging stopped

8. Baramundi Bob

Very interesting, thanks for the updates Alan.

9. blackmouth

blackmouth Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its alot worse than that tbh- yes it still goes on and the recapture rate of seeming resident spurries is approx 4% ,the recapture rate of tope is less -they have tagged hundreds of them and learning nothing new -completely pointless,dangerous and probably lethal in some cases-for nothing.anglers are concerned about thew lack of spurs in etive now -wonder why ?
    some more photos and info here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anglers-Against-Tagging/272589219477388