1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharkatag Shakedown

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lindisfarne, Jun 15, 2009.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

well done everyone....looks like it was a cracking weekend....well worth the long drive

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Superb reports guys,looks like a cracking weekend for all :happy: It just shows that good anglers will always find fish even on unfamiliar turf :wink: :happy: tight lines

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

As Neil mentioned a few of the lads carried on further up north for the skate, Tribbles had a cracking fish and Spud took a great photo, thought I'ld share it with you.....

[​IMG]

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thats a huge fish....how much did it weigh?

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Its big female so probably 160lb plus :happy:

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

hell fire thats a fish and a half. well done.

oh ken can i have my bath room scales back :laugh: :laugh:

7. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

It might be nearer 200lb....

I showed the picture to someone who has had more Skate than you can shake a stick at and he would give it 200.... Major achievement.............!

Neil.

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Fantastic report with pics to back it up, well done to everyone involved sounds like you all had a great time.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

More cracking photo's and report's ,well done on the massive skate,if i was told you can catch them from a kyack and land them 5 years go i would not have believed it' It seem's everything was a great success, I think all good angler's should have at least one trip to scotland to sample the excelent fishing on our own doorstep :yes:

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

looks as though everybody had a great time ---- i have fished in luce bay and the mull ot galloway for over 30 years and as i have said
    many times its an angling mecca if you set your stall out theres not much you cant catch ive even had porbeagle shark right at my feet
    when fishing off the rock ledges, i hope this article has wetted alot more appitites , and the beauty of it all is that you can have unbelievable sport from the shore i think the shore fishing for the POLLACK is better and more comfortable from the shore than the boats
    as they tend to hug the shoreline in the right places

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

What a superb pic ....Lets just say its big..... :surprise:

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Think it is now agreed to be over 200lb, fortunately the lads managed to tag it and with a bit of luck one of the boats will recapture her in the next couple of months and confirm the true weight.

What-ever, it is definitely a landmark in kayak fishing and good on them.

Ken

13. spud

spud New Member

What can i say but great weekend great company and a great fish to end on. Thanks Neil for all your hard work from all us Yakers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done spud. cracking pictures, so you had a drop of rain.

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

16. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

better get them dates in the diary, we are going this year and having a few day's at crinan before the sharkatag.

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

What a cracking time you had!! Never mind photo of the month that skate being hauled aboard a kayak must be a contender for photo of the year!!! very very well done and congratulations is all i can say

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just under 200 sleeps before Sharkatag (as Neil would say) :cheesy:, carnt wait :cheesy:

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

would not mind having a go my sen next year could get there if i start paddling now :laugh: :laugh:

20. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!