1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharkatag 2009 - kayak Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jan 7, 2009.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well i hope you all have a good time and everyone comes back with all there fingers :laugh: :laugh:.
    looking forward to the report and pictures so dont forget the camera lads

3. mww

mww Rockling

...yep, just been getting some gear ready....one rod, one reel.....yes, that should do.... :surprise:

well, that's what's staying in the garage, the rest will be on the boat!!! :embarrass: :whistle:

Mart

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just done much the same Mart, why do we need so much kit? :cheesy: I've tried to sort mine so that most of it stays in the van and I just take enough onto the water to cover most situations, losses should be minimul but better safe than sorry :cheesy:

If Neil can sort out an electric hook-up on the camping site I'm going to take a freezer too :cheesy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Will you be doing live updates Ken. Also tuck Mart and CPS under your wing, they need a bit of looking after.

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Live Updates :cheesy: , I'll try :cheesy: .... Me and Mart have been swapping notes and taking advice from the great Lindisfarne himself who did a successful recky on sunday. It should be great ...and hopefully we should have time to chuck a few lures at Gary's bass while we are there too... and along with tope, smoothies and bull huss......gurnard, haddock, and monster pollock have also been mentioned :cheesy: .

A lot is weather dependant and touch wood, its not looking too bad at the mo..

7. Dorado

Dorado New Member

I'll bring your paddle with me too. You can give Spud his back then. :happy:

I have loads of traces made up, my tagging stick and diver's slate for recording the details.....just need to source some mackerel for bait. Only got a few.

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks Simon, I think Curly as loads of bait and its not too difficult to obtain in the bay now - apparantly.. Waiting to hear back from Neil as to if we have a bit of 240v to plug a freezer into.

Ken

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

ken why dont you get one of the things you plus into you fag lighter in the car that you can plug house hold goods into.... just a thought

10. Dorado

Dorado New Member

I have one and you can use mine.......inverter that is. BUT, Ken has 240v in his caravan already. :educated:

11. cps

cps Rockling

pre tied traces? wow you boys are keen first one on will be one of last years while i tie a new one or two , supose on a yak that out of the question

12. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Oh come on Chris, you just not taking this seriously enough :cheesy: , I heard Marts made up yours anyway :whistle:

13. mww

mww Rockling

Yes, I've got plenty of traces for cps....just not quite sure whether to take the green & yellow stripy cover off his wire this time!! :whistle:

Our Lass will kill me when she realises the cooker's not connected any more.... :laugh:

Cheers

Mart

14. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Single strand wire can be haywired on the kayak...but that's what the telly is for. You sit in front of it, watch the 20.20 and tie a couple of traces!

15. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Now Now ken don't be greedy, leave the bass and polack for us shore anglers :whistle: But seriousley ,hope you all have a great time ,dont forget to post your photo's we want to see eome monster tope :cool:

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i will second that harry, well till i get my yak :wink: :wink: but you will be ok harry the way i fish :laugh:

17. cps

cps Rockling

i thought i was on my own using the single strand stuff , evryone else seems to use multi inc mww, except when hees tieing 4 me then its 16mm earth wire

18. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

have a good trip lad's show them how it's done. wish i was going with you :sad: :sad: