1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHARK CAUGHT DURING WHITBY FISHING FESTIVAL

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seaurchinmick, Jul 5, 2008.

1. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

2. mww

mww Rockling

Re: SHARK CAUGHT DURING FESTIVAL

Great stuff.....not how where the Steptoe soundtrack fitted though!! :happy:

Mart

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

kayakers beware lol god i bet the boat was pumping with adrenaline..??

4. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

ha.. :laugh: I thought that may raise its head its actually Paul eddons chosen ring tone all the skippers can be recognised in the office by there ring tone, a bit of a in joke sorry about that.

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The Office = The Fleece ???? :laugh:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:scare: Me thinks some bigger plugs will be trolled from the kayak from now on :cheesy:

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ye but not sitting side saddle anymore :no: :no:

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Fantastic video I bet the lad was well chuffed with that - I would have thought though you would need a wire trace to land a shark with those knashers :surprise: or did he have one?

9. mww

mww Rockling

...ring tone...get it now!! :yes:

Thought it might have been a reference to the appearance of the captor...or summat!! :laugh:

Cheers

Mart

10. Baramundi Bob

The hook was right in the corner of the mouth Iain so its teeth had no contact with the line otherwise it would have been lost as soon as it took the bait. I bet all those anglers who have lost fish to what they thought were seals might be thinking a bit different now. You often here of people saying "I got my fish half way in then the seal took it" but a lot of them report not seeing a seal all day. Maybe the sharks are taking the fish.

11. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

i think your right glenn ,john off two dogs had that experience a couple of weeks back thumping like mad for 30 seconds and then nothing but no remains to be seen but still had his line on as thou they just sucked it off his lure
    another charter skipper said that it was a shark as he guessed from the area in which he was fishing as he saw one a couple of days before

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Great fish that. There must be some real big ones out there, cos that isnt exactly little :yes:

13. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

it must be some feelin to see that comin into view at the end of yr line. top stuff.

14. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Shame you were let down by some anglers. I am desperate for a look out at Whitby.

Mick.

15. Al

Al New Member

Whooaa! Thats something alse that is! :surprise: :scare:

16. Baramundi Bob

Here's another one. This video was taken by forum member Seajay who is a regular with Malc Pitman on seaspray. They were making a promotional vid for Malcs boat and the put the camera under the water to watch a fish that was being wound in. Keep a close eye on the vid and watch what swims past the cod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMjtZ5uiM14

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

:scare: don't think I'll be sitting side saddle on the yak much more from now on! :scared:

18. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:surprise: jaws :cheesy:

19. woody

woody New Member

exellent footage glen where they teasing it with it ? :happy:

20. Baramundi Bob

I dont know woody. Seajay would be the person to tell you. He took 3 hours of film that day. Im just watching it now :happy: