1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shads On Fire Today For The Young Guns On Sea-Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, May 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sunday the wind as fresh from the southeast but all the signs were there the water was clearing shads were nailing the fish and i knew things were on the change big style and today with clearer water some fantastic sport on the shads was on the cards .

The party i had on today was a family group richard lewis had booked the boat and didint want to start till 10 am a very late start for me there was 2 children and and 3 adults onboard so i said we will start on shads on wreck quite close to the shore one of my favourites for late may and june it was all set after yesterday as i knew we could be in a big surprize the water was defernetly clearing out so anything could happen.

I had to get everybody in order it was all my rods lures etc we set up over the wreck lines down no sooner had the shads hit the bottom and the rods were boucning here we go its shad time the fish were straight at them great to see big smiles all round as the fish started to hit the deck the youngens were have a ball and the ladies couldnt miss the whole family were having great fun they were loving it.

Big brother is into the first fish .

[​IMG]

Both the lads had to celebrate with the first fish.

[​IMG]

But it wasnt long before young mathew got his first cod on a shad.

[​IMG]

The girls were soon in the action never fished with shads before its all new they were having a whale of a time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was fish after fish for the girls the rods over again.

[​IMG]

Another 2 nice fish for the girls .

[​IMG]

Now who says uptiding in late may is a no no wrong we left the wreck once the ebb tide had turned making the drift very fast and decide to drop right back inshore to the uptiding grounds i had organized some fresh peelers so things were all set .
    We dropped ankhor and within minuites the rods were over codling were coming aboard big smiles all round everybody was having so much fun a day they all wont forget .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all looking some great sport coming up its alive with cod .

paul.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well inshore there Paul. Is that the south hard ?

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes glen dropped back to the south hard a little bird told me they had had 21 codlings themself the day before in there looks like kayak lads are in for a bananza this summer.

paul.

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

brilliant paul good to see the young ones having a ball

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling