1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shads On Fire On Sea-Otter 2 On Bank Holiday Monday

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, May 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Managed to get to sea yesterday a very windy morning we dropped the ankhor till the wind eased which wasn't till lunchtime.

The fishing on the Uptiding grounds is still throwing cod out on worm and squid but my intensions was hit a couple of wrecks as soon as the wind eased it got dinner then the wind started to drop up with the ankhor and full speed steaming out to sea first drop over the wreck 3 rods straight in on the shad the other lads were on bait and took nothing .

Here is the lads who had shads on first drift over the wreck

Full report later .

Attached Files:

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Re: Shads On Fire On Sea-Otter2

Well fine lads. My fingers toes and balls crossed for Saturday but looking at weather does not look great at the mo

3. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

This weather is peeing me right off, had the last two trips canceled :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Yes looks crap at the mo on the site I use but time yet for things to change

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Shads On Fire On Sea-Otter2 On Bank Holiday Monday

The weather at the moment is a swine. Strong winds are keeping the charter fleet tied up, but on Monday there was a window in the weather of only really a few hours .

I told the lads the score and they were right up for it, the team onboard have fishied with me for many years. Brian Cunningham and his mates.

These lads just love fishing with shads, but i told them it would be around lunchtime before the conditions would ease and the wind drop off .

We dropped the ankhor till around lunchtime then the wind did just as it said it would and eased away we had taken around 20-25 codling uptiding not bad for may and one or two around the 5lb mark but as isaid i promished the lads some shadding and that is just what they got.

I had one wreck in mind which I know has been fishing well some of lads stayed on full squid and 3 of them rigged up on shad the water was little green which is not the best when the tide is running hard.

The algie is around at the moment but it was starting to slow first go over the wreck the lads on the shads there rods went straight over cheers alound round the boat i knew we were in few hours good fishing next go over the wreck everybody on shad and next time round all the rods were over every body into fish the lads were loving it .

At the end of the day the lads finished with around 70 - 80 codlings so not bad all very happy and a hell of a lot more to come if i had got a full day at it we could have had something a lot lot better but the lads were still well happy they know whats coming here at whitby the signs are all there its going to be a big summer here on the cod .

The lads with just a few of there fish happy boys.

[​IMG]

Cheers paul

6. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

Is the weather gonna turn decent again in the near future paul?

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It doent look good craig the weather paterns are more like january than may very cool at times the rest of the week is up and down friday doesnt look to bad but there could be a very big swell from the north so its a watch ing game no sign of any high pressure to settle things down this is bad for may but it will change hopefully sooner then later.

Cheer apul.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice work as always Paul. Are the other boats also getting to sea at the moment ?

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Most cancelled glen on monday with the rubbish forcast my lads wasnted to risk it with the weather window and it paid off well.

paul.

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Forcast now changed again for the weekend things look better .

paul.

11. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

I'm booked on with rich on the 15th and trying to get any idea of what the weathers doing is nay on impossible
    It's so disappointing getting canceled. :'(

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Craig the 14 th is 9 days away it could 35 dec and cracking the flags by then it's long say off in weather terms at this time if year mate .

Paul

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Good few hours there Paul on the shads. Hope to see u Saturday mate. This low around us is bad for time of year but looks like a high coming up from south in the week next week so with luck the boats can start catching a few