1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shackspeare K2 Titanium and fish first time out (With Pictures).

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Feb 20, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Ive just got my hands on the new Shackspeare K2 Titanium. A 16ft rod with more power in the butt than the old K2.

This rod is a lovely piece of kit, I tried it out on Runswick beach and it casted very well indeed. The K2 Titanium has a very nice action.

It casts like dream, and to cap it off nicely I used it last Sunday night for the first time and had 3 cod on it.

I was out again last night when I managed another 2, the best going over 6lb.

I am very very pleased with the rod. It seems excellent for fishing on this coast and casts a dream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First time out with the new rod last sunday 3 codlings and a whiting.

[​IMG]

Out again last night second time with the rod 2 codlings best over 6lb and 7 good whitings around 1lb each took the snaps this morning of the cod i gave the whitings away last night.

[​IMG]

Anybody interested give martin or dan a bell at Whitby Angling Supplies, as they now have them in stock.

http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/

2. Howard

Howard Blenny

Re: Shackspeare K2 Titanium and fish first time out

There ace for clean ground M8. People used to scoff at em and now love em. Nice easy action a gentle cast 100yds plus very rarely drop fish cause of the forgiving nature of the blank. Nice one!

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Re: Shackspeare K2 Titanium and fish first time out

Lovelly rod howard excellent with the titanium butt and very easy to cast let one guy have go when i was trying the rod out he couldnt belive how far he was casting he was going home to order one a nice peice of kit mate and yes they catch fish.

paul.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Is this just a soft ground rod Paul ?? Also what sort of money are we talking for the rod, and what type of real are you using with it ??

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

They are retailing around the £200 mark glen i would say rock or sand for this rod plenty of give in the tip with fantastic bite detection and with the titanium butt has the power for the long easy cast the penn battle is nice matching reel for the job.

paul.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

i think dan said they were banging em out in whitby angling supplies for £170-£180 they do look a nice rod had a flex at one in the shop, they seem to have a very strong mid and butt section, very tippy action perfect for those lads fishing braid

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Thats not a bad price then rich the rod has lovelly feel to it .

paul.

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Is it a three peice rod paul. just looked on web at them

9. Cliffhanger

Cliffhanger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I agree, I got one a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure if it would be any good on rough ground but was pleasently surprised.first time out was very windy with a good swell the rod coped well and pulled a 4lber through the kelp no problem.

10. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/K2-Extreme-Beachcasting-Rods

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Arnt sure glen i think they made them a limited adition just 500 were made dan at whitby angling will confirm this.

paul.

13. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve just bought a k2 titanium 15 ft, Glasgow angling selling them at 100 quid for either 14,15 or 16ft versions.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

14. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Like my k2

15. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I had to add my two penneth on this rod type........ A few years ago I tried a Penn Affinity and didn't like it....my missus had a 14ft K2 and it wasn't too bad.
    I recently took the plunge and bought a new 15ft K2 team extreme titanium....first waggle of it I thought oh dear this is too soft. But and it is a big but....I took it fishing in the Humber, a very very strong tidal pull, with 6oz of lead and half squid cocktailed with two or three blacks and a mussel or two, so big baits and with a simple overhead high left arm smash it sent the bait out a decent way. Now its nothing like a full on pendulum with a single yellow tail, but a decent bait and 6oz lead it just soaked it up. I only had one fish to about 2lb on it but it gave loads of feedback.

I ve also used the rod with braid in Nth bay Scabby and again a pure joy to use. I know for certain it won't replace my stiff rods and braid for hard tide fishing but what a lovely rod to use at mid to close range, really easy fishing with a good tip and plenty in the butt to cope with big baits.

I can see this rod getting a lot more use with my new favourite type of fishing (close range scaurs and beach work)

Well worth 100 notes. 8) 8) 8)

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

I have just got one myself. Like you Dave when I first seen them I thought mmmm, bit floppy soft and seem so thin after years of useing heavy ground cod poles.. Things are certainly changing and Its good to feel fish kicking back on the end of the rod as you retrieve.. I think its a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing and well capable of dragging fish through kelp and boulders. I watched Dennis Thompson in the Scarborough fest pulling fish out of some rough stuff with no problem at all useing one..

Would agree with you a rod well worth the £100.

17. robq

robq Rockling

Despite having gone down the long rod route myself firstly 9 years ago with the K2 elite supreme's ( for sand only though )

And then again with an affinity twin tip on rock around 4 or 5 years ago :eek:

I have bought a 15ft titanium myself for £100 ;D

Previously I was looking to the long rods and F/S with braid to answer all of my fishing requirements, which for me at least they didn't do that

however after seeing one in action for close range mixed ground in a bit of sea I could see it was working well :) the extra length was making it easier for him to keep his line clear of weed in the edge, and the more forgiving rod cushioned the lunges from the fish on the braid much better than a stiff 13ft rock rod :)

But the biggest advantage for me was the sport factor he was getting :eek: 3lb mops were nearly riving his arm off and a nice 6lber gave him a right run around :D the bites were spectacular too, which overall makes a nicer more sporting experience.

I doubt I will be looking to use mine for those daylight matches on tide venues where distance may be critical as I reckon I can still chuck futher with my afaw rock 13ft with the F/S and braid with a full pendulum.

I will be taking it for those sessions like scarb north bay, RHB and maybe holbeck

The butt on the titanium is very stiff, almost rigid and the mid section is very powerful too giving into a firm but nice tip :)

like you say Gary definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing :eek: and well worth £100 :)

18. Shad-Mad

Shad-Mad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for this guys. I’ve been looking for a first rod to get me started on the beach and rocks and this sounds perfect. Surely you can’t go wrong for £100? Just hit the buy button any way :)

If anybody fancies one the link is below but I’d be quick, I can’t see them hanging around long at that price

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/shakespeare-k2-extreme-beachcaster~23966.html

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve just got in from a few tough hours on sandsend cliffs with the k2 and the only fish I landed was bang on 6 lb and I wound it up high cliff no bother once it locked into the mid section.

20. robq

robq Rockling

Just christened mine with 5 mops between 1.5 to 3lb tonight :)

I have to say its a very sporting rod and more than enough for rough ground and heavy seas :)