1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sewer pope rhb

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Dec 17, 2013.

1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hello chaps. Been learning about the mark from paul and glen.

Got a good idea now when to have ago for the cod there. However, if conds not good for cod what oyher fish can it give up ie pollock bass.

I can not pick and choose when i fish so if i decide to come over and weather wrong is there chance of other fish...thanks. and thanks to the people who have helped me out with info on the area. Great write up from glen on site a week or so ago

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Simon, your falling into the trap so many others have fallen into before. Just like all venues its essential to be there at the right time under the right conditions, this is the main rule of all winter cod fishing.

The thing to do is not to fish the mark unless the conditions are correct. If you dont have the right conditions then choose another mark that is suitable to the conditions you have.

The hole itself is too Shallow for pollack, I don't ever recall seeing a bass although they do get caught off the wall at high tide, but they are often small and certainly not in significant numbers. The only other option there is flounder, there are millions of them around the whole area.

This article tells you all you need to know about successful cod fishing in Sewer Hole. :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/fishing-robin-hoods-bay-sewer-hole

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi glen. You are correct mate. I know little about the corect cond for diffrent marks. When u ask people tell u diffrent things. Could you or someone else post up a sort of rough guide to areas to fish in diffrent sea and wind states. Not marks as such but say south wind rhb area north wind sandsend area that sort of thing. I am willing to learn but need help as i am sure otjers do. Just a throught if anyone has time. I think probably more importaint is say east wind dont go here to dangours. Hope my rambleings make a little sence

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Choose a small section of coastline, say 10 miles, and rarely go outside, and learn it.
    Start by looking at Google earth, looking for beaches, coves, gulleys, terraces, deep spots.
    Walk all the areas on a big low tide.
    Read all about those marks in this Forum's threads.
    Go and try them in different conditions, and ask fishermen you find there for pointers. Most will help if they see you trying, certainly more than will help just from posing questions blind.
    For instance, 'I find sewer hole fishes really well in a moderate SE, but does anyone know how it does in an absolutely banging NE? Does the headland offer some protection and give cover for fish to come in?'
    (I have never fished RHB, so just guessing a good question) This would invite discussion, and someone might even fine tune the first bit, e.g. saying, 'I find it only holds fish in a low pressure SE, and better on low and first hours flood'
    By putting in the hours you start to learn in a snowball effect, and what seemed impossible is suddenly making sense. One season of serious thought and effort should get you a long way down that road.

5. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi lipslicker. again its about distance mate. i have been tryin to fish from sandsend to whitby west and try to get a feel for that area. been up on the cliff tops and goat track plus shot stones. what type of wind does that area fish best in. if you dont mind telling me. not being lazy just that i can not fish it in all weather due to being in stockport. if i was close would fish in all conds and see what i find best. i do this when carp fishing and keep it all in my diary for refrance in the future

6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi buddy,
    Yes, I know how you feel, as I currently live 1.5 hours from coast, but luckily had a lot of long holidays in Filey my whole life to get a basis, then just a lot of fruitless visits, reading, and doing the things I suggested.
    Sadly, I cannot help you for Whitby stretch, as my chosen is Flamborough through Cloughton.
    Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you for yours.
    All best,

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Yes mate the distance is a problem. Its ok if the wife is off cos can come and spend a day just lookin about. Google earth is good for findong things. As i say its fishing in all conds and seeing whats best. I am quite a sucsessful bass angler on anglesey but have been goin there since me mum was carring me in her tum so have thirty five years or so experance at that. Will have a red letter day at dome point onthe east coast heres hopin lol

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Not only is it a cracking spot on a SE its also just fantastic down there 'scenery wise', I used to fish LS & SH in all conditions but soon realised theres lots of other places that are more productive on a Nthly, Glenn was good enough to give me BUCKETLOADS of info on RHB and loads other marks and its bang on.

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Sorry mjg69. Are u saying rhb is good in se. Or sandsend buddy

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Robin hoods on s.e. simon

11. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Sorry pal SH(sewer hole) down RHB in a SE, LS(landing Scaur) in a SE or NE(best) or even N/NW. I was just saying that I used to fish both in all conditions but a SE definatly best down that end of the bay.

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thank you for the info mate. Is the landing scar the slip at bottom of hill. Ie walk back from sh and fish it at high. Hopin for a se or ne now on feb will defo give this mark ago. Will go fown in daylight find the mark and check how to get off as tide floods then hope the wind is tight gor a night time go
    Do u park in the car park at top of that big hill or is there parkimg closer to the slipway

13. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ya better off parking at top of the hill as aint any parking down the bottom and if emergency services need 2 b down.... and its a good easy mark to fish in as glenn has said in the right conditions. February's a long time off si dnt pin ya hopes 2 much on the spot other places might be fishing.

14. simon22

simon22 Rockling

No i wont mate just will defo be havin a look for future refrance. Again thaks for all the help lads it is very much apprecated. Anyone need help on anglesley let me know got 35years of fishing here so cam probably help u out

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

As EFC said park at top, there are 2 slips, for HT walk across roundabout and through gate follow path to bottom or 3/4 way down go onto wall, easy fishing over HT. From the wall you will see LS appear mid ebb, just watch as you get on as there are a couple of places where there are gaps, work your way down casting towards the end of cliffs.

Hope this helps as i'm no expert

Good luck

Mark