1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Session at the South Gare

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SPIKE, Nov 1, 2018.

1. SPIKE

SPIKE New Member

Had a busy 5 hours down the South Gare last night, bite a cast from the off, macky & squid did the trick, caught plenty of Whiting & a few Dabs, took 10 Whiting to have a go at making fishcakes & 2 Dabs, never tried it before. I've only been sea fishing for a few months & really enjoyed last night even though Mr Cod didn't show up.
    I was trying out my new headlamp the Fenix HP30R, I must say very impressed with it excellent bright light just what I was hoping for, highly recommended.
    I'm itching to get out onto the scars off Redcar for a spot of fishing but require to be shown the marks etc, if anyone is willing to show me please get in contact.

2. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done you for having a good session cant help you on scars but we do beaches and other marks along the coast if you want any advice pm me

3. basha

basha Blenny

good seshion that.it can be a good shot for early season whities mind.i know the scars well and all i can say is it cant be explained over the nett.make sure you go with someone who knows the scars well,access can depend on the tide heights.theres an awfull lot of cut off points and it floods seriousely quick.dnt be temped to try going on thee without someone who knows them well.if you are tempted make sure you take some means of communication or it'll be another disaster.i dnt fish them much these days.the last few outings havnt been very productive.there far more productive areas to fish with less effort and more productive......enjoy your fishing werever you decide to go fella.