1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secrecy Ignorance, And Outright Lies - Whats Your Opinion ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

In one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mww

mww Rockling

Occasionally even Mart cracked a smile. ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

..you know you're getting old when your mind plays those sort of trick on you...haha

3. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

..you know you're getting old when your mind plays those sort of trick on you...haha
    [/quote]

We will catch up sometime soon, look forward to it,

4. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Secrecy is down to the individual i guess. Its not my cup of tea, but those who work tirelessly sussing out a mark deserve their rewards.
    But anyone that gleans info off someone else and uses it as a weapon to bully someone off 'their' mark is the lowest of the low.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

5. seanb

seanb New Member

I havent posted on this site for many years due to not having had the opportunity to get on the beach for so long. I do read posts on here regularly as a substitute"fix" as this is the closest Ive been able to get to fishing myself. Whether that classes me as a "lurker" or someone who takes without giving back I dont know, perhaps it does. Ive certainly learned a lot from the site but dont feel I have much to offer back. When the Holderness site was still run by Macky, I was one of the admins and was lucky to fish with him regularly. Even then there were issues with people wanting to know exact marks, baits times etc. Often Macky would supply the info via pm, especially if it was a member who lived away from the area, other times if it was someone known to contribute little in return only general details would be given. Perhaps thats an approach that might work on this site. As has been said by wiser guys than myself, marks can fish differently from one tide to the next. There is no question that the thinking angler will reap the benefits of his efforts, but not everyone has the luxury of getting to know different marks in depth and just want a shot at catching something memorable.
    Personally I wouldn`t lie about where fish were caught, and was always happy to help anyone who asked, but Ive also enjoyed reading posts about trips that had no locations at all as they were written in a humorous or inspiring way.
    I think part of the problem is many people are too caught up in the size/numbers of fish caught game and have lost sight of the real magic of being on the beach or rocks, away from the stresses of life watching the sunrise all the while wondering if that next cast will result in a monster cod or bass. Id certainly rather fish with people than against them.

6. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Exactly!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Nobody has to tell u where they had fish. Alot of u lads have put the work in and found your marks. Lying to send people in the wrong direction is out of order just dont say where you were. I would not expect anyone to put me on fish but i also would not like to waste my time on a mark that has no chance due to misinfomation. Just dont repply to a pm or tell me to find my own. Traveling to whitby is a 230 mile roind trip for me. Not your problem i know but please dont tell me the west is fishin if the east is a better shot, jist dont say owt...i always thank people who help me as politness costs nothing at all. Lots of u have helped me but i have still only had 5 shore cod. Not much of a thrert to the fish stocks

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I use to do what Matty does when I posted reports. If I wanted to go back to the same mark the next night I would post the report 2 or 3 days after the event and say it was earlier in the week. If I knew conditions were going to change I would often post something the same night. I also worked like MWW saying I fished Robin Hoods Bay, which really meant id fished something in an area of 3 mile. I never lied and I never once sent anyone in the wrong direction, I wouldnt dream of doing that to anyone.

By the time conditions were right for the same mark most people had buggered off again because they didnt know how to work out tides and swell to be able to catch the fish. I often had most marks I fished to myself because I used my nouse and learnt unpopular places and purposefully avoided places I knew would be busy. Id learn where everyone thought the hot spot was in any year and fish somewhere else, often on my own.

I know people like Faron and Damo have fished places like long hole, castle chambers and wash hole a lot this year, and I bet with the exception of match nights they aint seen another living sole all autumn.

You want to fish places on your own its not difficult. Instead of saying you fished simmy scar at staithes, just say Staithes. It stretches from Boulby to almost port dock. Its a big area.

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Not post related glen. U said u dont get notice of pm.s from some. Sent u message last night with regards to a bass mark. If u would like directions or any other help let me know...ps it fishers in winterbit slow but if u get one it will probably be a pb (not that i know what yours is)

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I should think taht i would be classed as a fish follower. Not becouse i can not be bothered to find my own, but cos i live along way from you all. I have to try to plan a trip in advance and can not wait for best tides winds swell, so if fish are reported on a mark i know then thats where i will go. Thats why i dont catch owt lol

11. oneeyed

oneeyed Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have a secret I can lick my balls

12. oneeyed

And my lady likes it

13. anth the angler

anth the angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great topic; and what a lot of comments.....everyone is right.
    If you report a good night; the next night it will be crowded. If you dont want company then it is difficult to let everyone know where you were but....
    I live inland and get out when I can. I have a bad back so cant climb up and down like goats as it seems some of you can...so you wont get me following you.
    Reading catch reports is interesting and sometimes fun; reading what and where expands my understanding and as said by others I can only thank most of you for sharing your knowledge on here and 'out there'.
    My best advice...if you dont want company then dont tell us where....perhaps you could tell us 'everything else' cos its interesting....but it seems a bit daft to lie about where; just dont tell us we dont mind.

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thats my views Anth, but even that has its downfall. To some, even admiting you caught a fish is passing on too much. read my initial post in depth about the guy in Sewer hole at Robin hoods bay, wouldnt even tell someone he knew how many fish he had caught.

As Smiley put it on our Facebook page - "Sad Twats"

15. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sums it up nicely anthe short an sweet an just about right imo..

16. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Do you also chase your tail and answer to the name of Rover?

17. oneeyed

Yes but it keeps getting away lol

18. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Something a lad said to me on Whitby west last night made me chuckle a wee bit. He said he was talking to a bloke about me and this bloke said that I take me catch of the evening to other venues to be photographed. Like I have nowt better to do ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

19. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

love it best one yet

20. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

So that's your secret lobbers ;D
    U hear some right stories don't u,just keep hauling n smilling ;)