1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sea's away

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by basha, Nov 28, 2017.

1. basha

basha Blenny

anyone having a throw...

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Runswick should produce as well as port

Weather watching at moment might be out early morning

Some colour at couple of marks this morn when out on Cleveland way.

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

no good for us workers but hope you all do well tight lines

4. basha

basha Blenny

well went out prob not the ideal venue but didnt fancy travelling far as my gutts were still playing up if you get what i mean.
    but anyways sea was building,weed was a problem almost gave up at one stage but started getting rattles at 1am,weather was absolute pants aswell.anyways managed a mop of around 2lb then another same stamp 15 mins later.moved down to a shallow gully bout 3am and dropped a large squid n cart into it.decent fish on and lost.managed another fish of around 3lb.called it a day,only daft arse fishing,billy no mates lol.

did anyone hear the bangs this morn,first one was 5am shuck my windows the other was 10 mins later not as severe.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  5. navmanfish

Re: bangs,

Twas Thunder claps followed by lightning.

6. basha

basha Blenny

no lightning were i am in linthorpe.....least i know now anyways.

7. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes woke me up the lightning lit the room directly above redcar first one

8. basha

basha Blenny

went out tuther nite.
    exceptional nite it was aswell.
    managed 9 cod.bigest was 5lb 9oz but that was gutted so not far away from 6lb.
    had others 4lb and 3lb and a few fish 2lb and a bitt.kept the two largest fish and the rest went back as only shallow hooked and fitt to swim off.

9. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Youre doing well Mark, my guess is that theres a lot more fish about than gets reported just now, get told of a lot of fish coming out to the shore lads from those who are fishing the beach's and rock, seems to me that we're entering that good fishing few years again

Hope so anyway and long may it continue

10. basha

basha Blenny

hope so too bri,dnt get me wrong ive been out 4/5 times a wk and had some dyer seshions were i couldnt buy a bite,so dnt report all my seshions.taking a break now for a few days,storm forcast so sea's going to be away again.theres an awfull lot of fish coming in brian,its just been in the rite place at the rite time.

did you get the pics i sent you of fish?.

11. brian carragher

No, nothing come through, will text you my e mail

12. navmanfish

Bri,

Few about,been fishing some "easy" access shore marks with mates son

As he's just starting up shore fishing.

Good to see the enjoyment as they progress from billet, whitting on calm conditions

To catching first cod over last couple off blow ups.

Just a couple of whitting ,billet & flatties last night at upgang railings.

Think big cod n Whitby lads fishing under golf course & lights on rabbit warrens area etc.

runswick nxt for him to suss out.

13. basha

basha Blenny

dnt you have watsapp bri????

14. brian carragher

no watsapp for me, never used it yet

15. basha

basha Blenny

should get it installed bri grt for pics and free to send if using your wifi same as calles are free,most if not all use it now bud.

16. basha

basha Blenny

went out last night just for the whities on the strip,managed 14 in a short seshion,only a couple of takers rest went back.i did try the cart for an hour but not a touch so carried on with a two hook flapper.only went local,should get out back end of the wk for a proper sesh with a bitt of luck.

17. navmanfish

The better fish have been filling up on wash outs etc & are just nudging bait etc.

Catches on cart,razor,lug cocktails etc not even tempting them last couple of days

Fresh worm coming back untouched,not even crabbed off.

Snow melt/cold spell could be problem in some theories but think

That they are just lazy due to feed recently.