1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seals At Ravenscar - The Enemy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Baramundi Bob

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. limpet

limpet Blenny

Re: The Enemy

great pic, loads of them up here (tyneside/northumberland).. .they've got there own body guards on ST Mary's Island ;D

4. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

I was up in Northumberland a couple of weeks ago and had a trip out to the Farne Isles where apparently the seal population is estimated to be around 2500.

The skipper on the boat doing the commentary told me that a few years ago there were Killer wales around the islands for a while which were targeting the seals for food.

Now that would have been a thing to see and something that I never would have thought in UK waters so close to home.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Baramundi Bob

Oh man, how awesome would that be. Would love to see Orca's up close. We have been very close to other whales and Dolphins on our travels, but never Orca's

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Lovely aren't they ? always remember that the largest percentage of them in the WORLD are in UK waters , All the more reason I suppose we should look after them----
    DONT YOU THINK

• Like Like x 1
  7. Howard

Howard Blenny

• Like Like x 1
  8. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

They have every right to be there,we are the intruders if commercials didn't hammer the sea then they wouldn't have to be so selective.....they have been there for tens of thousands of years...we don't own the seas.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

10. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Are we going to have a seal scrap ??

11. robq

robq Rockling

I agree that they have every right to be there

But what I dont agree with is protecting, nurturing and innoculating the seal population:mad:

Is anyone doing anything to protect their food source ?? NO

thats why they are miles from the sea destroying our course fish populations in the river hull:(

Maybe we should Introduce some local orca to thin the seal population if we want to mess with nature's balance;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Baramundi Bob

Your right about not messing with natures balance @robq , we as humans seem to want to interfere in everything. Nature is nature and as such should be left to its own devices.

• Like Like x 1