1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seabirds Summer Open - Bridlington Fishing Match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, May 6, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The Bridlington "Seabirds Summer Open" is to be held on Sunday July 15th. £100 first prize, 10am till 4pm. Low water is 12.15. Weigh-in by 5 at The Seabirds Inn,Fortyfoot, Brid.
    Boundries Whitby West Pier to Spurn Lifeboat Station. Heaviest fish match £6.00 entry with £2.00 optional pairs. 100% pay out.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Seabirds Summer Open

I like this ideas of pairs Ray. Its not something that happens in the Whitby Matches but I've noticed a lot of the other matches have pairs. Whats best tactics when fishing pairs ? both fish the same mark or separate ?

3. dbrown

dbrown Guest

This sounds good think i might have to have a hink about it

4. Baramundi Bob

Don't forget if anyone has any matches to advertise, or anything of interest to the rest of us they can stick them in the forum calendar.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=calendar

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I prefer to fish near the person I,m paired with, but not too close. Personally I think it pays to put all your eggs in one basket then if one of you locate the fish you can both take advantage of it.

6. Baramundi Bob

Yeah that sounds good. If me and Lobbers had paired up in the cloughton festive match we would have just beet Mart on his own. Is that how it works ;) ;D

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

No, you need to fish with Martin ;D

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Spurn lifeboat station , im assuming thats down spurn point near hull, if that is the case , im sure some bugger will win it with a smoothy or a tope or summit ,,,,, are these allowed ray ?......i,ll have to have a think about that one

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

same day there is the bankhouse club, newbiggin summer open ;D

10. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Final theres is a match without hassle for traveling for my as i am 16 but where to go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

11. dbrown

dbrown Guest

How do you book in for this match. Anyone?

Danny

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Tickets will be available at the local tackle shops.

13. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Thanks Ramrod.

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Hello all, will the seabirds open have a junior section to it and if so what are the prizes? Thanks

Dan

15. prof tench

prof tench Guest

New reels I hope Dan ;D. I'll still have a look at your knackered ones m8, but the weather beat me last week. So keep in touch via pm if you still want 'em sorted?

Cheers, T

ps - did you get a job Dan, if you ain't I may be in the market to hire a lad to carry me leads for us ;D?

16. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha good one Prof, ive sorted that reel out now tightened it up abit and had new line put on it and it worked a treat for the weekend, and no i still haven't got a job any job would do me

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

JOBS TODAY.-Ravenscar Yak Carrier.

Wanted - fit, strong,cheap youth to carry lightweight yak and loads of gear down little slope. Must respond to "hurry up I hav,nt got all day" Wages to meet the minimum wage thing and will be paid whenever.
    Life insurance will be required.
    Please get in touch with Ramrod, but hurry up I hav,nt got all day!

18. Baramundi Bob

19. dbrown

dbrown Guest

you must be joking id be on the floor half way down nether mind getting back up ;D

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

try dav ray, i had him turning huge rocks over today, and everything he found to be pleasant went in my bucket, and he never charged me a penny ;D