1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Urchin III 9th April

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick Gibson, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well just thought I would do a quick write up.

After a long time away from Whitby ( September last year) we manage to get the opportunity to come up on Saturday for the WCSA Spring Festival.

The three of us booked on with Pete Rose on the new Sea Urchin III. I've got to say and those that have already been on the boat would agree what a boat it is. Clean as expected being new, spacious with hot water boiler and microwave. The boat is fitted with all the latest technology etc. It has always been a pleasure to sail with Pete and Saturday proved no exception.

We boarded at 07.00 and Pete said we would run out to the twenty mile which would take about two hours. I've got to say the weather wasn't the best and this started to tell with the anglers onboard. One of the anglers started losing his sea legs almost immediately quickly followed by one from our party. After about an hour into the sail I started feeling queezy myself something that hasn't happened before but I held up and wasn't sick.

We reached the twenty mile just after nine a dropped down, there was nothing showing and just the odd whiting and small gurnard came up.

Pete fought hard all day trying to put us on the fish but I have to say it was a very hard day.

We went back into the 9 mile about 2.30 the weather changed the sun came out but unfortunately the fish were not up for it today. I think all the other charters struggled on the day.

Anyway the day finished with about twenty fish pulled aboard the biggest about 4lb 12 oz which took second in the dailys. I personally managed about 3lb 12 oz with five fish in total.

Thanks to Pete and crew, and I would highly recommend that if you haven't already been on the newest edition to the fleet give it a shot you ll not be disappointed on Sea Urchin III