1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Urchin helps Graham find festival winner 26lb Ling

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seaurchinmick, Sep 26, 2011.

1. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=377

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Graham Moore from Bradford who landed a fantastic 26lb 3oz Ling on Friday two days before the end of the Whitby angling festival which also landed him £1000 in cash Graham fishing of the Whitby boat Sea Urchin II managed to bring the fish to the boat without any fuss or drama fishing with an open faced Fladden reel spooled up with 40lb braid on a basic Fladden boat rod it was a delight to watch him smoothly wind the fish to the surface and after a few line ripping runs he had the fish off the bottom and to the surface ready for me to lift into the boat his mate James was snapping pictures unbeknown to me while we all waited fish to surface
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and as I turned around he took the picture of me the smile on my face says it all
    [​IMG]

Sven years of entering the Whitby festivals (coming close on many occasions) I think the fish meant more to me than Graham at the time and as soon as crew man Mac cast his experienced eye over it and without the scales he muttered 25lb plus and I had to agree as we both wrestled the fish on to my electronic boat scales which had been playing up of late still I lifted the monster with my back to the sea and read off the weight to all would it go more than the present leader 19lb you bet what a way to finish of my career as a skipper and in my last three days brilliant who could ask for more?

At this point without going on I must thank all the anglers over the years that have supported me and the boat as well as all the Whitby charter skippers who have all given there advice and experience freely without any hesitation thanks lads I won’t forget it.

2. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Well done Graham an absolute belting fish ,you might be able to buy a "proper" reel now :laugh: :laugh:

Only kidding of course :embarrass:

Congratulations must also go to the skipper Mick, signing off in real style :educated: :educated:

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

nice one well done to the angler who got it lovely fish and well done mick going out in style

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done mick, cracking fish

5. Ryan

Ryan Blenny

Well done Graham that is a beauty of a fish :happy:
    What a way to go out Mick, the smile on your face says it all... well done!

Ryan

6. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

BLOODY HELL MICK ITS BIGGER THAN YOU!
    GOOD EFFORT THAT MAN
    SPEND IT WISELY! :canadian:

7. pro angler

pro angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What a finish for a fine skipper well done mick.

8. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

What a way to "bow out" Mick - I was secretly hoping you'd find the winner before you gave up the Sea Urchin, and you certainly did that! You're a top bloke and I hope to catch up with you again next year sometime - go and enjoy yourself now :wink:

Well done to Graham on landing the beast - maybe I should go back to using a fixed spool again!

9. Antony

Antony New Member

What a way to end your working career,well done skip,youve brought so much happiness for countless anglers over the years,have a long and happy retirement !!

10. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Well played Mick, never seen you smile like that before!. Was it caught on bait or shads etc?

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done mate what a way to finish a craking fish i will say this for all the lads in the association you will be missed in short time you have been a member mick you gave a lot of imput into the association but you never know there might be the return of the jedi in the future also bud the retirement night was a corker.

paul

12. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Now thats what i call going out with a bang!!,well done Mick,time to put your feet up and take a well earned rest. :snore:

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

14. bucko

bucko New Member

Excellent work Mick- what a swansong!!!
    Good luck- and hope to share a fishing yarn in The Endeavour with you again over the winter.