1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEA URCHIN FESTIVAL REPORT nice pics

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seaurchinmick, Apr 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

The weather has hampered the start of this years spring angling festival with the first day cancelled due to high winds so Sunday became the start day by default the weather was fine so I decided to give the lads on board the best possible chance of winning the first day by running off to the distant wrecks I knew were fishing well recently also the sea conditions were not in my opinion ideal for inshore work so off we set with a team of dedicated anglers who have all fished off the sea urchin II before so knew the score and settled down for a long steam with plenty of coffee on tap the sun shining and a good crack full of anticipation the run out seemed to pass really quickly

We arrived to find the water full of algae and tiny bits no fish marking and none biting triple drat! Never mind I knew the fish were around here some ware and it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack but what we did have on our side was plenty of time and two tides and a slack to fish on my hopes were high after many drifts we did catch the odd cod lost the odd one and missed a good few bites but nothing in the order of previous visits
    eventually after an hour or so I found some massive feed marks way off the wreck and not in the usual place at all so working around the feed we managed some more fish that’s when I convinced myself the fish were plenty full and there or there about’s but following the feed marks was near impossible as they were constantly on the move and never in the place we had just left

Then the tide changed the water clarity changed the wind dropped and bingo everything came back to near the wreck and four an hour the fishing was brilliant which gave the lads there chance to do there stuff and get the fish out of the wreck and into the boat which they all did most of the time :laugh:

Putting the hours in on one venue gives you so much information on fish and there feeding habits as the conditions change just turning up dropping down and deciding there is no fish there and moving on can be a bad move and I must admit done this many times in the past some marks are burnt out and only deserve a couple of drops some are worth the wait and its only by spending the time out there you would ever know the difference

Anyway well done to my anglers for having faith and getting the fish into the boat and sweeping the board on the first day of the spring festival 2011
    [​IMG]Bob Ellis
    [​IMG] Sam Ellis
    [​IMG]Ian Dixon
    [​IMG]Paul Smith

2. woody

woody New Member

well done mick nice report and pics any spaces left ???

3. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Mick, good report and some nice fish to go with it.

4. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

5. Rapin

Rapin New Member

Well done Mick. Thanks for giving us the update.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

[​IMG]

A familiar face there Mick. That lad seems to catch a lot of fish with you. Well done to all concerned and thanks for posting quality pictures Mick. Far better to have fish photographed as they come out the water as they look so appealing when theyve dried up and the lads weigh them in.

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mick, can I ask you to add this link to your favourites and post it at the end of any reports about your boat. That way people can read a back catalogue of your reports.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=377

Paul has an extensive list of topics that get a lot of hits even though they are well off the forum main page now. I think we need to build up a similar list for your boat too. To add reports to the list of topics, just tag them as sea urchin when you first make the post.

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Well done Mick Its a great feeling when it all comes together. Great result congrats.