1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea -otter 2 yesterday in the wcsa spring festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

To say the fishing is hard at the moment is an understatment we did a lot of miles yesterday to get fish my lads got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in dailys yesterday 2 -5lb cod and a 6lb 14 oz cod which upto press is the biggist fish leading the competition its hard work out there for everyone lets hope it picks up more bad weather this week when will it end.

The lads with there fish when we got back in the harbour the lad on the far left with 6lb 14 oz cod the lad on far right his very first time boat fishing managed 2 cod around 5lb and for the conditions we have at the moment plus he has never been boat fishing before the lad did very well so he is now well and truelly hooked plus he won himself a daily prize he was buzzing.

[​IMG]

paul.

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Well done on the top 3 prizes Paul. Those fish look to be stuffed full and in very good condition.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

They were a little plump all on bait only one had roe inside it.

paul.

4. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Paul,

Got a trip booked on Thursday keeping fingers crossed for weather and winds etc !!!! Was just wondering is there any mackerel about at moment or is it a frozen job ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hi mick to early yet mate another month or so and they could start showing but we will need the water to warm up to get them here.

paul.

6. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers Paul thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think you have done well to even catch after all the strong winds .whats the water colour like paul

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hi bob its very greeny coloured but patchy a sure sighn of the spring bloom i did notice on sunday as we came back to the 9 mile from the 20 mile when i looked down at the water from the front of the boat there was a look of blue coming back into the water so fingers crossed next time off we may and it is just a may have an improvment in the but i wont hold my breath i have seen the bloom not go till june in past years

paul.