1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEA-OTTER 2 VIDEO ON THE NEW GX2 UGLY STICK AND TIPS ON SHADDING

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jun 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Here is the video we shot yesterday back in the harbour with my sponsors purefishing on the first leg of the ugly stick tour round the uk with a run down on new GX2 12-20lb ugly stick and some usefull tips on shadding here at whitby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfByQbHqdgA

Cheers paul.

2. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Quality stuff that Paul

I guess you got your new rod before the old one finally gave up the ghost.

I reckon if your old rod was a motor car it would have been around the clock at least a dozen times.

Paul

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Paul

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hi paul yes mate retired cant complain what its caught its still holding together but now on GX2 12-20lb Ugly Stick it has allready proved itself over the last couple of days with a lot more to come.

paul.

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers Brian the rod is a lovelly peice of kit

Paul

6. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

great vid.

The new ugly stik GX2 has already proven to be a very popular rod over the past 8 months or so since its release.

At only £38.99 you can see why

http://whitbyanglingsupplies.com/ugly-stikr-gx2-boat

7. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

A really good and informative vid Paul, you look a complete professional facing those questions, but you'll never make a politician with all those straight answers.

8. brian carragher

How does the new GX2 model compare to the old one Paul, I have the classic braid 20/30lb model, 8ft 4in I think, and its first choice every time as I really enjoy fishing with it but just wondered how the new one stacks up in a direct comparasis

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Haha, he was dieing to say %$£" shad, but managed to keep it to four inch shad :)

10. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just a quick note for any budding bargain hunters, just bought the 12-20lb on Amazon for £29.99 post free. Here's the link, there's 3 left.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Shakespeare+Ugly+Stik+GX2+Boat

Good luck.

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

cant see them at that price.

when you click the link Whitby angling supplies seems to be the cheapest on amazon but if you go direct to our website its cheaper still.

http://whitbyanglingsupplies.com/ugly-stikr-gx2-boat

12. kingsa2

Hi Dan, yes Iv'e just looked again on Amazon and the offer has disappeared. I do have a confirmation from them that my order is done and I can expect it between 21st and 25th June.

I guess I was lucky :)

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

14. kingsa2

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A quality rod at a very good price for what the new ugly stick is priced at you just cant go wrong.

paul.

16. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys, would you recommend a 20-30lb rod for bait on the wrecks or would my 12-20 be sufficient??

That's a great video actually, interesting to hear, thanks!

17. brian carragher

12/20 too light to set the hooks when bait fishing, I use a 20/30 ugly stick braid (amongst others) for shad and worm work and a pure rated 30lb class rod for bait

18. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for this mate, much appreciated