1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEA-OTTER 2 LOOKING BACK ON 2011 FINGERS CROSSED IN 2012

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Feb 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

January 2011 some decent weather comes upon us and steve and his good lady charter sea-otter 2 for day and by golly they werent diaspointed steve gets his person best cod and good lady has a ball on the hollybellys .

Steve with his person best a 18lb cod a really bonny fish.

[​IMG]

Steves good lady with a really nice cod on a hollybelly.

[​IMG]

Febuary turned out a little bit unsettled uptiding fished well but once we turned into march it was cod bananza time all hell broke lose.

Those double figure started to come in numbers.

[​IMG]

A person best for this lad.

[​IMG]

March panned well with some cracking days for the boys and lovelly weather helped spawny bass and his good lady had a day onboard i think everybody on board that day got right into the action.

The man himself spawny bass winding a fish in fixed spool and thin braid dave likes his set up.

[​IMG]

Here it is .

[​IMG]

His good lady marion also got in the action.

[​IMG]

There is fish jumping everywhere. alan with a nice fish on the shad.

[​IMG]

Another nice fish on the shad.

[​IMG]

We are now approaching the april festival and is guns blazing with the shads but i allways say squid is a big fish taker especially in spring and once again it does the trick in the festival.

Early april and this lad get a cracker again a personal best.

[​IMG]

More cracking fish in early april for the boys.

[​IMG]

A nice couple of cod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then those lovelly big pollock start to show some crackers well in double figures this lad has 2 fine fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These lads are regular on sea otter they had a hell of a day on baited shads in early april they never stopped a day not to forget .

[​IMG]

This man in the team took the sweep .

[​IMG]

One of the other lads did his best to challenge but didnt quite tip the scales.

[​IMG]

Still early april before the festival and its still fishing its tits off my old mate from brid howard has a day with me as allways howard come up trumps ive tought him well :wink:

[​IMG]

A lad on the same day he gets 2 cracking fish.

[​IMG]

Its festival time and there is fish everywhere paul who is a forum member gets amoung the action as usual a few of the lads in the festival with there fish.

[​IMG]

But its local lad paul britton who hits the jackpot on sea otter 2 i said paul keep trying the squid, stacks of fish coming up on the shads but the big fellow may fall to squid his determination payed off and he was a £1000 richer well done paul with his 16lb cod.

[​IMG]

Paul from hull gets one of those april crackers but not quite big enough to get the big prize.

[​IMG]

Carl fazbats on here gets a lovelly pollock.

[​IMG]

Some more nice pollock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are into may and the shads are dynomite some cracking fish well into double figuers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Into may and girls are back and they master the shadding great to see the lasses doing the buisness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These lads had one hell of a day this was biggist fish a nice cod.

[​IMG]

The lads sorting there fish out on the way home.

[​IMG]

Its june and another lovelly cod for one of the lads what a month june turns out to be.

[​IMG]

Its the forum trip and lads who were on the boat that day know what it was like poor conditions but stacks of fish all the rods bent into fish.

[​IMG]

Yound dan from whitby angling lifts a fish in.

[​IMG]

Dave charlton a regual on sea- otter2 with a belter one of his many catch.

[​IMG]

The big summer festival has started with £5000 to the winner up for grabs and sponsor glenn stocks takes the boat the first week and what a week the lads have they hit the jackpot every time.

Gary with a brute.

[​IMG]

The lads at the end of one there days some really quality fish not much below 6 lb but just tadge of there catch.

[​IMG]

This cod went 18lb and was the biggist in the summer festival it won this man over £1200 very nice.

[​IMG]

Mick got the daily prize with this cod a good double.

[​IMG]

Took my son and his good wife clair and her dad out for couple of hours one night they all the way from plymouth chris its his first visit to whitby he has fallen in love with the place they really enjoyed themselves.

[​IMG]

Clairs dad chris this shadding great only a small fish but his first at whitby. and on the shad.

[​IMG]

After the festival and four cod over 15lb on the same day the lads love it .

[​IMG]

This lad has 2 lovelly fish.

[​IMG]

This is the biggist of the 4 just short of 18lb.

[​IMG]

Thes 2 lads have 2 good fish.

[​IMG]

Another nice fish on the same trip.

[​IMG]

Come july and august those cracking pollcok and cod just keep coming.

This gets a lovelly double figure pollock.

[​IMG]

My lad is back up from plymouth he hasnt lost his touch this fish near on 18lb again on a shad

Phillip is fishing on the front of the boat and shouts dad this is a stonker .

[​IMG]

He is right its great to get this stamp of fish so close to the shore its the deep water here as close in .

[​IMG]

This lad gets a nice fish on the same trip.

[​IMG]

Glenns party are on again glenn gets a nice ling.

[​IMG]

Followed by a nice cod.

[​IMG]

End of august and we have a day out on the 20 mile it was alive with fish around the wreck but that man paul britton from whitby hets the biggsit on the day a lovelly fish .

[​IMG]

Another bonny fish on the day.

[​IMG]

The lads at the end of the day.

[​IMG]

Its september and we had what you could call a very nice day on one of wrecks on the 5 mile september is usually ling time big style inshore we nailed some hellish pollock to 15lb and cod up and around the same weight all in all a a fabulas day for the lads.

Paul from preston nails a nice cod on the jelly.

[​IMG]

Then another he buzzing.

[​IMG]

Another on of lads in the same party nails a nice fish.

[​IMG]

Then his mate gets one on the shad.

[​IMG]

Then the pollock start and this lad cant fail some crackers.

[​IMG]

Thats 2 over 10lb.

[​IMG]

Paul from preston gets into the act the lad cant go wrong.

[​IMG]

September festival and poor taffy leads to second last day with this fine cod of 19lb and gets pips by a ling but thats fishing he thought he had the grand but you never know all the same a lovelly cod.

[​IMG]

October and november the uptiding starts very well.

A few fish we had uptiding lovelly fish on the light tackle in shallow water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all a great year there is loads more of pictures of good fish but looking forward to this year very nice get a couple of cod in 30ss so fingers crossed.

Video .

Sea-otter-2-Whitby.wmv

paul.

2. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Nice pictures paul hope 2012 is as good if not better :yes:

John D

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers john some good signs last friday out on the 9 mile some bonny cod.

paul.

4. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

Brilliant post paul

i take it we are ready for boat season fishing in MARCH then !!!!!!!!

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes fingers just want some nice weather.

paul.

6. big cod on

big cod on Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top skipper good look on 2012 paul

7. Teacuis

Teacuis Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some lovely fish there Paul, It was a cracking year. Starting my season again in April with you, see you then bud weather permitting. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Paul.

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers paul if we get the weather like last spring it was incredible so hopefully the shads once again will do the buisness .

paul.

9. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Great report there Paul. Some cracking pictures as well. :yes: :yes:

I am sure 2012 will see some quality fish landed on sea otter :educated: :educated:

Fingers crossed for the weather this weekend as I might be able to sneak a trip in. If not Whitby West could be an option :wink: :wink:

10. Howard

Howard Blenny

Those better stamp will be 20lbers this year cannot wait. Using heavier gear this season Im sure too many fish are lost to weak line n hooks. Goget em Paul.

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Should be some crackers this year howard the stamp of fish this winter the commercial lads have been awesome so yes quite in the 20ss hopefull howard cant wait buddy.

paul.

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Fingers crossed for £1000 paul .

paul.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

14. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

some lovely fish paul well done
    :yes: :yes:

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Hopefull the wind will ease off next week to allow me to get bak at the wrecking perfect tides next week for wrecking.

paul.

16. big cod on

big cod on Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:surprise: :surprise: no reply thanks

17. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sorry didnt reply thanks .

paul.

18. Teacuis

Teacuis Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Deffinately Paul, I had some fantastic days out with you last year, I am going to target the big pollack more this year, I got three one day with you in the Autumn festival and they fought like hell on light gear with some searing dives back into the wreck.

Paul.

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Fingers crossed paul those rubarb and custards do the buisness paul love them.

paul.

20. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

was that on that light ugly stik you got last year?

cant wait for abit of pollocking myself. should be some good ones on the wrecks about now