1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Otter 2 Looking Back At 2014 - An Awesome Year And A 53lb Halibut

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Feb 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Been away on my jollys for the last 3 weeks so its time to get things moving again looking back at 2014 it once again proved to be another belting year on the cod on sea-otter 2 the uptiding from january till april was awesome stacks of cod and some belting fish as well .

Once we got into april and may the shads came on form some really nice fish started to come aboard we didnt manage to win the april festival but for having the most daily prize wins Sea -Otter 2 was up there .

Then we hit the grand summer festival competition was fierce everybody chaseing the £5000 1st prize and as i said to the lads patient is a big thing when the tides are right watch this space and sure enough Gary Read got his rewards winning the £5000 1st prize on Sea - Otter 2 thats 3 wins in the last 6 years so not a bad average and the most daily prizes as well .

Once we got into August some really nice lings started to come aboard quite a few into the 20ss and around that figure plus some belting size cod again quite a few getting close to or hitting the 20lb mark .
    September the late festival again Sea-Otter 2 was right up there we didnt win the comp but again when you look at the daily wins in the competition another very sucessfull comp .

September also saw some really quality cod with a few lads getting strings of doubles on the day plus plenty around the 6-8 lb mark some belting days on the shads.

October saw the uptiding really getting going fish flying aboard some cracking days and the uptiding festival Sea -Otter 2 had stormer of a festival taking 1st and many in the top placeing on the prize board the uptiding right uptoll christmas has been very very good once again there is one thing to remember here at whitby distance means nothing most of year if you know where to look its right on your doorstep.

A few shots from january some bonny fish uptiding,.

Young jack got right amoung those quality cod.

[​IMG]

His dad wasnt going to left out

[​IMG]

On the same uptiding trip this gentleman got this fine fish

[​IMG]

Me old mate steve purvis gets belter on an uptiding trip.

[​IMG]

The uptide fishing comtinued to be very good right till april then as the water cleared the wrecking started to show signs it was about to come alive and off a wreck in april on the 3 mile came our best fish on Sea -otter 2 of 2014 Barry Kemper from hull got his fish of a lifetime who says you need to go to norway catch fish of this calibre barry proved the oposite with beast a halibut weighing over 53lb .

[​IMG]

Had some good catfish over the years this one was right up there with them.

[​IMG]

Some good lings stared to poke there heads out.

[​IMG]

We are into may and the shads are coming on fire regualar man steve who has fished with me for over 15 years knows his stuff and he gets this nice fish .

[​IMG]

The summer festival is here and the fishing on lures has gone mad some reall quality cod and ling are jumping aboard here is a few from the summer festival.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ladies do well on sea -otter 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During the summer festival we had vist for a large porbeagle who bit this lads 8lb cod in half naught fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave my crewman dropped the head back in the water and shark came for another go at it.

[​IMG]

But it was gary reid who hit the jackpot when lads come on Sea-otter 2 in comps i allways make sure they have right terminal tackle 80lb trace rubbish,100lb very dodgy 150lb yes now i had just changed garys rig to 150lb form 100lb the drop before he hooked into the winning fish my words were i am now confident you will land this fish and sure enough he became £5000 richer with 100lb tracling he had 40-60% chance of landing that fish well done gary winning the grand summer festival on sea -otter 2 .

[​IMG]

More nice cod as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More very good lings in festival.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lifeboat charity 3 hour trip just look at these fish the lads got in the short time some belters of a wreck on the 3 mile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are at the end of july and there is no shortage of quality cod coming aboard sea-otter 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another ling in 20ss for this man.

[​IMG]

Into August and all i can say this day was one our best days of the summer for sheer amount of quality fish the lads had a bananza all on lures what a day great weather and superb fishing what more can you ask.

Some belting fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was best that day chris with his 18lber.

[​IMG]

Paul from hull had stormer one after the other but nearly all box lenth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve got this 15lber.

[​IMG]

Those quality cod just keep coming for lads lovelly fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a new one a lobster claw on shad.

[​IMG]

Another ling going into the 20ss

[​IMG]

These two lads booked the boat for themselves what a day they had some really nice fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

September is also proving to be mad on the shads for big cod look at hese belters jp had a ball the lads on this day had a day they wont forget quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few of there fish at the end of the day.

[​IMG]

This cod was getting close to 20 lb mark a lovelly fish.

[​IMG]

On the same trip this lad got these two doubles in two drops.

[​IMG]

Septemebr festival some quality lings .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me old mate ex jockey steve kettlewell gets this brute .

[​IMG]

Barry kemper gets 4 lings in double figures on belt.

[​IMG]

Still some nice cod about.

[​IMG]

The uptiding is off to a flying start in october its alive and nice fish as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uptiding Festival and sea-otter 2 has a belter also taking the winning fish plus many prizes on the top ten board here are a few from comp some quality fish .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But its rob who gets the winner well done rob on your £1000 win.

[​IMG]

We had day wrecking in december and this got this lovelly cod on shad.

[​IMG]

And here is a few i caught off whitby beach one night shore angling is in my blood boat and shore .

[​IMG]

Cheers paul.

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Re: SEA OTTER 2 LOOKING BACK IN 2014 AN AWESOME YEAR AND A 53LB HALIBUT

I don't get out as much as I would like Paul. (Who does). But if there was one fish I would like to hook it would be a halubut. Or a twenty pound cod.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The thing Simon you just never know when a halibut is going to pop up but the statistics over the last 2 years April was month when they showed so April festival just round the corner Simon it would be great to get one in the comp .

Paul

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

It would paul

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

My halibut wreck will be getting some hammer in the april competition.

paul.