1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Otter 2 Live Report We Are Into The Big Ones

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jul 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A bonny cod just come aboard full report later .

Paul

Attached Files:

2. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I love these live reports Paul

The fish look awesome when first caught instead of it being photographed after sat in a fish box for a few hours.

Can't wait for the full report

Carl

3. cphodgson

cphodgson Blenny

Lovely day really enjoyed it paying the price for not putting sun cream on now I never learn

4. jackling

jackling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for a great day Paul looking forward for the week ahead

5. robq

robq Rockling

Looking forward to tomorrow now after a crap day at work :p

Hope the fishings as good as today :)

Just gotta try and get some sleep now !

6. Howard

Howard Blenny

Good luck Boys amazing how them big cod just start popping up. We are off bassing today for a change.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well what a lovelly day at sea flat calm blue sky blazing sun and some belting fish as well what more could you ask the lads worked very hard for there rewards double figure cod and ling a lovelly day on the water.

John vero got right amoung the double figure lings .

[​IMG]

Got these 2 one after the other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul Hodgeson also got amoung double lings paul had some cracking fish.

[​IMG]

He just kept knocking them out.

[​IMG]

Yound jack got a belter on but it came off right near the top.

[​IMG]

Some quality cod keep coming aboard.

[​IMG]

But this cod was the best amoung quite a few into the teens a cracking fish and a very happy man.

[​IMG]

paul.

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Quality fishing, very well done

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Penty of fish again today john and son young jack vero are on the boat all week and what a weeks fishing they are having a lot of lings today and quality ones as well and some nice cod as well again going into double figures .

Father and son team john and son jack vero hammering the lings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More good lings they were in droves today.

[​IMG]

And a bonny cod bait fished best today but tommorow shads could fish like dynomite it changes every day.

[​IMG]

paul.

10. robq

robq Rockling

Great day paul :) thanks

Steady numbers of fish over most marks, just finished filleting :p

Hands ripped to shreds, forgotten how sharp lings teeth are :(

11. robq

robq Rockling

Oh and have to say was impressed how young jack fished today :)

Not just fished but grafted too, gutting fish between wrecks and then filleting like a pro on the way home :)

He'll give most adults a run for their money now :)

12. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

I spotted Jack on board yesterday as we (on Mistress) came close on one occasion. How he manages day after day fishing is beyond me - I was shattered after one day and had to go to bed at 8pm - I must be getting old ;)

Then again, I remember being 15 and fishing for Tench and Rudd from 3am til 10 pm one day and wondering why my mum and dad came looking for me - I was fine!

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its the age thing jack is a young lad reminded me when i was his age he cant get enough of fishing keen as mustard they have had some great fishing allready this week a few more days to go .

paul.

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Stacks of ling rob could be a shad day today the water is looking good going a nice blue once again so fingers crossed .

paul.

15. simon22

simon22 Rockling

how do paul. was most of the fish on bait, or are shads fishing. well done on finding the fish for the lads

16. robq

robq Rockling

I caught most of my fish on bait although I did manage 7 or 8 codling and a few ling on shads when I switched after lunch

17. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice settled and warm weather to go with it as well , nice fishing Paul wish I was out there this week .

John

18. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The father and son team continue there fabulous weeks fishing on sea otter 2 they both hammered the lings again today plus last day Tommorow what week they have had .

Young jack and his dad john at it again anther belting day for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

paul

Attached Files:

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes rob those lings teeth as razors one scratch of a lings teeth and it bleeds like hell.

paul

20. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well it was john vero and his son young jacks last days on sea-otter 2 yesterday they have been onboard for 5 days and what 5 days fishing they have had and in true style the pair finished there week with some lovelly fish cod and ling they just love there fishing here at whitby .

First stop yesterday morning was a bit of shadding under the cliffs in 50ft now if you think cod are out in the deeper water in summer think again there has been some belting cod fishing this summer right under the cliffs and quality fish and first drift yesterday morning we got 6or 7 cod staright away but it was young jack he managed the biggist a nice cod around 7lb on a shad the lad just keeping doing it well done jack.

[​IMG]

Later on in the day when were wrecking he got right amoung the cod again and with the shad.

[​IMG]

John ratteld those quality lings out again another belter.

[​IMG]

And he also got some bonny cod a fine end to the week.

[​IMG]

paul.