1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Otter 2 Forum Trip

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The long awaited forum trip took place today. I will leave it up to the lads to tell their own stories. The fishing wasn't bad although I feel it was hindered a little by the weather with a moderate northerly swell in the water making it difficult to even keep your feet at times. I think most lads had a good picking of fish. Paul lost a decent fish estimated between 15-20 pounds right on the surface. Ian Alexander had a decent cod around 9 pounds and Go go gadget had one not much smaller. Buzz and his nephew boated a few and I think most lads left with a decent few fish in their bags. Although I felt the fishing was slow at times I still accumalted about 10 cod and a similar amount of ling by the end of the day.

As usual Paul worked his ass off to find us some fish but with the weather against us it was never going to be one of those mega days you can get mid June if the weather is right. It was nice to put faces to a few names, and also a pleasure to take your sweep money off you for the heaviest fish (10lb) of the day, caught on the last drift :whistle:

A few pics from today :

Buzz and Woody exchanging tacics

[​IMG]

Ian Alexander with an early fish

[​IMG]

Go go gadget rod

[​IMG]

Harry the cod

[​IMG]

A big bait for a big fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Re: Sea Otter 2 Summer Trip

and also a pleasure to take your sweep money off you for the heaviest fish (10lb) of the day, caught on the last drift :whistle:,

LOL well done

That was one of the best days boat fishing Ive ever had, nice to meet some of the lads of the forum, i thought i had the sweep with that fish although not a monster it made me happy,
    i just like to thank bassyken for his place, Jason (ziggy) who i think is starting a chauffeuring business, And paul on sea otter 2

shArk

3. pog

pog Personal Ghillie To Dan And Damo

dans fast asleep.must have been hard work out there. :laugh:

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The youth of today Pog, they just dont have any go in them at all. Think were taking him bassing at the weekend. If he sleeps after a days boat fishing he might sleep for a week after a day chasing bass.

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Buzz looks like he's just realized he's left his mobile at home with the wife and his bit on the side will be texting him :kiss:

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

know how he feels :tired: It was a great day , the fishing wasnt amazing but the company and craic was top class

cheers lads

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done lads looks like you had a good day.

you remember the sarnies harry??

8. Howard

Howard Blenny

Frustrated by my efforts to find a suitable boat to buy I decided a days fishing was in order @ 2.30am .Made a bag of food before setting off to Whitby only to find the other 2 top boats I use Trot-on and Rich wards had left @ 5 and the forum trip was me only chance I assumed it was full.
    Has the credit crunch reached charter fishing with only a handful of boats out?
    So after paying me £6 parking (outrageous), and having a good piss on the carpark I rang Paul and to my relief there was a place.
    Good to put faces to names and a really good day followed although the fishing was steady Paul busted a gut (as usual) to keep the fish coming.The ground fishing was slow so we headed for the wrecks were apart from the odd good cod we were plauged by strap lings.
    Still ended with almost a stone of cod fillets,hardly lost any gear and had a good banter with the lads. Thanks to Glenn and Paul who are making all this possible. H.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Yep a good day out,as glen say's not the most comfortable day 's fishing what with the swell,but a good day out all the same , I ended up with 6 cod and 4 ling ,best cod nudging 8lb but with plenty of fish still in the freezer from my last trip iy will keep me going till the winter run start's :laugh: Seem's i must have upset Davey Jones after pulling up a couple of his pet's, :whistle: on one drift over a wreck i got snagged,so i let out some line and turned round to get a knocking stick to aid my break out ,then with a sudden lurch of the boat whoosh it was over the side :surprise: go go gadget tryed to snag it but it was gone :cry:,it wasn't the loss of the rod but the blooming braid ,the rod was a bouy's special £14 the reelo a thirty year old 624, but the 300 meter's of braid i had just put on , :angry: Never mind somobody's window's will be getting a price hike :whistle: It was nice to meet all you lads from the forum,and now i can picture you when reading your post's (hope i don't have nightmare's) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good luck to all in the coming month's fishing ,tight line's HARRY :cool:

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

oh harry sorry to read about the rod and reel. glad you had a good day other wise.

11. newdave

newdave Guest

well done fella's, sounds like it was a good job me & mrs Spawney weren't there, those condition would have had her groundbaiting for sure :yes:

12. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

those condition would have had her groundbaiting for sure

it did me :vomit: :vomit:

13. bucko

bucko New Member

I've got to get an update from Paul later on about the likelyhood of tomorrow evenings trip but, it is going ahead then my missus will be taking sea sickness tablets from lunchtime onwards to prevent her becoming a "Honky Tonk Woman".

Well done lads- 10 fish a piece under far from ideal condtions ain't bad at all.

14. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

yeh it was a fantastic day, i felt abit green at one point during the trip but it only lasted for about half an hour

15. Fishaman07

Fishaman07 New Member

well done guys :cool:

16. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello lad's,
    I had a great time on the trip, it was nice to meet you all and thanks for making me so welcome. Thanks Paul for your hard work and thanks Glenn for arranging it. That swell was bit naughty wasn't it :scared: It took me a while to get rid of my wobbly legs and even when I got to bed it felt like me bed was off on a couple of drifts :laugh:
    I've put a post on the NESA site but here's a few photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards Ian.

17. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Looks like you all had a good day out. I enjoyed reading everyone's report of the day and there's some cracking pictures too. Nice one lads.

Unlucky with the rod Harry, hope it's not my turn again next time I'm out :canadian:

18. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Cracking report lads, looks like a good day was had.
    Were is ziggy in the pictures ? did fileys one and only catch anything ? :tease:

19. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Well done lads looks like i missed a good day.

Mick.

20. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

i'm camera shy. didn't start well tonight then started to get a few which was a good job gear was nearly all on ebay