1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Fishing On The Isle Of Skye With The Whitby Bass Club

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Whitby Tope Club At Neist Point

Well today was rather slow for the first part. The lads wanted to go in search of thornbacks from Armadale pier. Not something that really inspired me but with such amazing scenery and photo opportunities the day wasnt totally wasted.

After about 5 hours on the pier I still hadnt cast out in anger and none of the other lads had landed a single fish so I managed to talk Mike into taking me pollack fishing at a mark id spotted on the map ay Aird Of Sleet.

We fished into darkness and landed several good pollack on Jellyworms with mike taking the best of the evening at around 6-7 pounds. On route back to the cottage we had a photo text from Faron with a nice pic of the only thornback of the day from the pier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm coming with you next time lol... Thorn backs tut tut...take me to the conga again please boss.

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Sorry the pier didnt come up trumps for you.. Guess its a bit hit n miss. I am loving your reports and pictures. You must all be having an amazing time and a holiday that you will all remember for ever more.. Really wish I was part of it but thanks for keeping me updated on FB.. Some fantastic pictures and it looks like Mike is half man half mountain goat climbing down on to them ledges, I guess you will probably be the first anglers to cast a line at some of them spots...

Tightlines..

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

5. rupert

rupert Blenny

Such a great selection of pics, it's almost like being there yourself. Gives a really good flavour of the island, it's stunning scenery and it's fantastic fishing. Keep 'em coming :yes: :yes:

The other day, Faron was telling me about the big common skate that are caught from the shore of Skye. Any plans to target one of those?

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Looks amazing.
    4th pic from bottom- is that fish dimpling the surface?

7. Baramundi Bob

3 tackle shops on the Island, one called Sea Baits, that doesnt actually sell any bait at all. All 3 shops dont have a single grip lead between them and no bait whatsoever. The only thing they sell is soft plastics, and not many of them either.

Is there any wonder no-one has realised the true potential of this island.

8. Baramundi Bob

More videos now on the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201393320657045&saved

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whitby-Sea-Anglers/211560138890758

9. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Great Pics & Reports lads! it's like watching a holiday program for fishermen "Wish You Where Here" :happy: I wish I was!!

10. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Thing's might just change now :wink:

11. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: Sea Fishing On The Isle Of Skye With The Whitby Bass Club

I heard Dan was going to stay up to open the Skye branch of WAS?!

Keep the pics coming, its great to see, and I'm only a bit jealous!

Will

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

12. Baramundi Bob

Wait till you see our video, Im sure the Skye tourist board will want it.

13. Baramundi Bob

14. Baramundi Bob

Fishing yesterday and a pair of flippers came out the water in front of us. Turns out this chap was diving for Scallops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Baramundi Bob

16. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done joe, caught on craggy island lol

17. Baramundi Bob

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Some stunning pics from up there, and a couple a bit iffy :laugh: great stuff lads.

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

looks a top spot lads,think you've cracked this photograpy lark glenn abolutly brilliant shots

20. mww

mww Rockling

...Brilliant stuff...

If there's any justice, you lot will be on the telly next year, instead of that Jungle Hooks/ River Monsters/ Fising Adventurer stuff....

Mart