1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEA FISHING IN NORWAY - Husoy (Norway) 4th-11th July 2009 - Cod, Haddock etc

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by Shadrap, Jul 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CBass

CBass New Member

Great report, I quite fancy that in 2010 that mark looks like it's just of Boulby though? :canadian:

2. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it was a 6 hour car journey followed by a 3 and a half hour flight then another 3 and a half hour car journey away from boulby mate :nerd: brilliant week was had by all of us thanks to andy doing his home work.

3. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Did you keep any fish-or was it sport fishing.
    Personally i would have been over the moon with the catching,photographing and releasing.
    Fantastic adventure holiday-looks spot on.
    Mick.

4. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

corkin fish and report lads, pleased all had a good time :) great read, thumbs up!

5. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Mint pictures and report.
    Jealous as 'ell!

Thanks for sharing, I have a mate who lives in Norway and keeps asking me to go over but I haven't as yet.
    I must be mad! Duh. :crazy:

6. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I just have to have some of that!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:
    I have seriously got to go there next year :wink: :wink:
    I wonder if the wife fancy's a girlie holiday while I go to Norway???

7. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Just found this one of the pussycat [​IMG]

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Looks like you all had a good time Andy, those pics are top drawer. Liked the Bimmini Twist emergency knot too :laugh:. Can you eat those Wolf fish they're ugly buggers :ugly:

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah how the hell did i miss this , Absoloutly great andy , looks like you had a great time capped off with some real specimens , Nice one ,,,,,,Were to next ? jersey again ?

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

woof is gorgeous ray, nicer than cod IMO

11. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Spot on there Go Go,we kept a kitten which our super chef Rob cut into goujons and fried in his speciality batter it was delicious.
    I fancy having a go for Nile perch on the Aswan Dam sometime Dav but its on the back burner at the moment with the job situation ,but a return to Norway is also on the agenda :embarrass:

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great report Andy and great pictures to back it up,would you go back to the same area next year?? tight lines

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

I would definitely go back.The place has loads of potential for some seriously big fish but it is a rather exposed spot and any sea winds make for difficult conditions.Going to do a bit more homework on the place and see if the fjord gets the run of big coalies and cod later in July and August when they start to feed on the shoals of smaller coalies.As I said in the report one evening it seemed as if the whole sea outside the fjord was alive with coalies up to about a pound in weight breaking surface and we were sure we would hit the jackpot and it wasn't for the lack of trying that we had nothing fishing amongst them.I have checked next years prices and they are similar to this year but the flight prices won't be available till later in the year.

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Just read the report and what a cracker ! :yes:
    Thanks lads for sharing the trip with us all fantastic photos as well.

Cheers Jellyworm.

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Wow what a fantastic read and brilliant photos, that really must be one of the best destinations in the world for the serious angler. Well done on the rescue, real heroes and some damn good fish - my opinion - a flipping good week :cheesy: .

As Neil says a couple of us are bouncing ideas around to take the kayaks over but it would be a heck of a drive now there isn't a direct ferry.

Thanks for sharing, saturday night and naff all on the telly - thoroughly enjoyed reading your report, made my night :happy:

Ken

16. IanB

IanB Blenny

Cracking report & pictures, its an anglers heaven, I could fancy that !

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

19. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Can only say one word to describe the photos and the fishing :AWSOME well done Andy really enjoyed that even though it was last years! I would give anything to have a crack at that some day :yes:
    Thanks again enjoyed reading that

John

20. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

Superb report, well done lads.