1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEA FISHING BAITS - Cart chipalatas made today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Nov 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Steve

Steve Rockling

iv tried cart on the beaches and not done any good on it. i would feel much happier with either fresh or frozen peeler. others may feel diferent about it. i know andy b. takes it with him.

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

macky....me and my son tried my version of crab sausage last summer at chapel point last year on one rod and peeler on another, had smoothies on both baits,( sausage 3 peeler 4) but also caught a small schoolie on a crab sausage as well, still refining and experimenting with my mix but just wrapped cart in gauze bandage and whipped on hook while frozen, and also found smaller baits about 1" to 1 1/2 " long and about as thick as hot dog worked better for the smoothies on a 3/0 sakuma manta, will definately use them again next summer

3. wildcard

wildcard Guest

New improved recipe here;

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/non-fishing-chat/recipe-for-'winkle-clart'-is-this-the-new-wonder-bait/

wildcard

4. scaleback

scaleback Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

where do you get your skins for making these

5. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

6. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I might have a go at making a few mussel sausages. Only a few though, it would probably take about six months to scoop out 30kg :laugh: :laugh:

7. nevermindthepollocks

nevermindthepollocks Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Ian

Gotta say very impressive mate. Would you be interested in making a few quid by supplying fellow anglers?

:embarrass:

8. Welsh wizard

no thanks mate the sausage machine belongs to me spawney bass and carpyken and we got it for our own use glenn who runs the site sells cart if that helps
    regards ian

9. suzuki999

suzuki999 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice work ian they look the dogs, have u ever tried chucking some frozen lug into the mix cut into decent lengths it works for me especially if its stinking. good luck with them

10. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got a question, I see that the sausage links are tied with one knot, wont the contents of the next link spill out when you seperate them, or are you going to use them frozen.
    Roger.

11. Welsh wizard

we use them frozen

12. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers for that..
    Roger

13. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi.new to the site what month can you buy these crabs how much are they.